Editor views : select child only option

YouGroove

When selecting some object in the 3D view , it selects all objects hierarchy, not possible to select individual objects of the hierarchy.

It's good when needing to move/copy/past of hierarchy blocks, but painfull workflow when you need to modify child objects.

This is how it works :

-Select the object in 3D view you want to modify : it select several models in same block hierarchy

- Scroll on Scene tab to find selected hierarchy block

- click on each child object one after other to find the good one you want to modify

- When found, you can modify the child object

So it would be a really big workflow improvment to have some option like : select child only for 3D view

This way selecting on 3D view, it would select directly the child object and we could directly modify it without needing to loose time searching it on scene panel.

Stop toying and make games

It depends, if you work with blocks hierarchy : Rooms and content , level parts etc ...

You copy / paste, align then double click each time is not so good.

I use Blender and i has no double click for anything in mouse mappings, double click is lot more for windows explorer style panels not for 3D views manipuation.

Perhaps some simple option in right click sub menu in 3D views.

Or double click for ones and sub menu for others laugh.png

Stop toying and make games

Another problem is the hierarchy definition. I currently have this structure in my scene to organise the scene:

• Buildings
    • Houses
      • House1
      • House2
        • Furniture
          • Chair1

[*]Military

• Tank Depot
      • Barrack1
      • Barracks2

[*]Characters

[*]Waypoints

If I select a chair1 in the scene, I select all entities that are a child of the buildings entity. The reason for this is because I use pivots as structuring mechanics. Since there aren't any folder mechanics to structure the scene I have to use pivots, however this leads to the problem listed above.