How to remove her Blouse LE 3.1

wayneg

My model she has too much clothes on, need to remove her BlouseA .

I'm using the following and it's not working, help me please.

Script.Speed=1.0--float

Script.Sequence=0--int

function Script:Draw()

self.entity:SetAnimationFrame(8,1,4)

local t = Time:GetCurrent()

self.entity:SetAnimationFrame(t/100.0*self.Speed,1,self.Sequence)

end

function Script:Start()

local mychild = self.entity:FindChild("BlouseA")

mychild:Hide()

end

post-115-0-80379200-1394425994_thumb.jpg

Does your code find the child object ?

like if myChild ~= nil then ...

Im' not sure Hide() to work on character sub objects or sub bones.

You should import model FBX in BLender 2.69, remove the object and re export model as FBX.

Stop toying and make games

No, code doesn't find anything.

Removing the groups would be awkward and require different model for each clothing configuration??

I purchased some animated models over at Arteria3d, they come in FBX format.

I can load them into Ultimate Unwrap 3D, and it shows bones, materials, and groups fine, and I can show and hide mesh groups as well.

When I give LE 3.1 the fbx it converts it to mdl, but only displays the bones in the tree display.

I also tried exporting materials as meshes in FBX format, and that didn't show me anything different in LE 3.1 model viewer.

This leads me to a few questions:

1. Where are my groups ?

2. Why does UU3D show me the groups and let me hide and show them but LE 3.1 does not ?

3. Why can't UU3D read Leadwerks 3.1 MDLs ? ( seems like there are a number of MDL importers, and none match LE 3.1 )

4. Will LE 3.1 do what I want here ?

Arteria says,

This pack provides a basemale as shown in the image from the Modern Day Base Male, but with this additional ZOMBIE ADDON providing a whole array of Zombie Heads and zombiefied clothing, plus a collection of great zombie animations in addition to all the animations from the existing modern day base male. The character is fully rigged with a typical Biped Rig, and a large collection of animations provided, for Weapon use and NPC based gestures. You can add content yourself to the model, or use the large collection of costumes already provided with the pack. These costume elements are already rigged for you on the model! for ease of use. To use in your game engine, you simply mute or hide all the groups, apart from the base female mesh. then for example if your making a character customisation editor, as the player selects clothing styles you can code so that the relevant mesh is shown.

Animations Provided as Single Track Animations with

start/stop times provided, plus Direct X, Unwrap3d, and

FBX are provided with Multitrack Animations(i.e.

Animations, that autoshow as a list with their respective

names, in engines such as Unity and others that support)

This something I can reasonably get to work ?

If it's an animated model, that means all those polygons are combined in a single surface. What you are probably doing is just hiding the bone.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'd like to FindChild and hide the bone, but.. there are more blouse meshes than bones!

Now if the fbx > mdl converter had added one bone for each mesh in the group, and named it like BlouseA in this example I could find it and hide it. Maybe that's possible or some variation is, I don't know.

So I should change the mat file to say it's invisible texture and load model dynamically ?

Don't buy models like this in the future ?

Strip her down and don't allow more than one outfit ?

tongue.png

post-115-0-43308100-1394488709_thumb.jpg

My model she has too much clothes on, need to remove her BlouseA .

I'm using the following and it's not working, help me please.

Removing the geometry could create problems with your model. Since it's a character, it must have been skinned, removing the geometry without ajusting the skinning would surely cause lot of problem when you animate the character back.

If you want to definitively remove the Blouse from the model, you will have to get the model back in a editing application, remove the sub-mesh (BlouseA), reskin the model or adjust the skinning and then finally export back.

The simplest approach, would be to define and apply a specific material for BlouseA and make it full transparent. The geometry will still be there but it would be invisible.

From the sounds of it this base character and add on cloths have not been skinned. In the description it says "These costume elements are already rigged for you on the model! for ease of use." This means each clothing option has been weight painted for that character skeletal bone rig. So if you want blouse "A" you can delete the other blouses (b,c, d) without problems.

I think the paragraph from arterial is miss leading. There is a bit more work than just simply showing and hiding the different groups. Yes this is how the player can select and deselect the types of clothing for their character. But after the player selects what they want. Your "character customisation editor" would need to parent each vertex group together. Each one of those "groups" has a vertex group in them. For example. The top group in your picture shows "basearmleft". At the top of the arm where the arm meets the torso. There is a edge loop on the arm. That edge loop is part of a vertex group. Each vertex in that loop has its own name. Same as the edge loop on the arm pit of the torso. That way with code you can parent the vertex group of the basearmleft to the torso. Same way you can parent bones together. After each one of the vertex groups of each group are parented. You then will have a skinned mesh ready for your videogame.

This is my story. I purchased some animated zombies and other stuff from Arteria3d to save time, and to learn how to use animated cool models in LE 3.1. I ordered several types animated bipeds, the fancy ones being what they call there OBM ( one base male ), the models (zombies) come with all these cool clothes on, and the idea is you can select a group and hide the different clothes.

Well I couldn't resist, so I bought one, loaded it into UU3D and I could see the groups, materials, bones. UU3D had no trouble letting me hide groups and play animations, so I thought I was good to go, so I bought more stuff, woohoo !

So I loaded the zombie.fbx model into LE 3.1 , it creates the mdl, success! Looks grey thou, so I load in all the jpg textures, and generate the material files, and set each to use anim shader. I place Zombie girl in the LE 3.1 Editor, and she has texture now !

Wait she looks like she has all her clothes on (like she has five blouses, two pants, lots of layers all on at once), that's no good. So, I thought I'd just do findchild on the group and hide each blouse etc.. Argh, the findchild doesn't find anything ( FindChild is for bones), so I loaded the LE 3.1 model viewer, but all I see are bones (didn't think she was that skinny).

Posted to LE 3.1 website to get help, I'm not sure anyone understood my delima I was in. Josh said the animated models get reduced down to single surface. what to do?

I decided to make all the clothes transparent and see what I was dealing with, drawmode=0 didn't work, but blendmode=invisible did, all the clothes went away, except for a grey head (mesh)! The head is attached to a bone so I think I can remove that mesh and maybe be ok there. Anyways I make a few of the clothes blendmode=solid and add them back on, it works, but the model looks semi transparent, it's like the invisible textures made the single surface special, so maybe shaders would be better for the invisible clothes.

wondering if somehow I can attach a bone to each of the vertex groups if then I could hide them?

That's the story so far.