Getting refund for Leadwerks

bladematthewslp

Any DX11 card will support OpenGL 4, as they are using the same functionality on the GPU. You may need to update your graphics drivers for it to work:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/8120-graphics-drivers-downloads/

I do not have any access to individual purchase information on Steam.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okay, correction. My graphics controller is compatible with DX10/OpenGL3.1 and nothing higher. The DirectX Diagnostics Tool lied. Intel confirmed.

I have 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor with Intel HD Graphics 3000. http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033757.htm?wapkw=033757

Updating the driver will not make my PC OpenGL 4 compatible.

Josh, since you cannot access individual purchase information from Steam, what steps should I take to get a refund for LeadWerks?

A demo version of the engine can.t come quick enough then we can try before we buy.

If you really want , you can .... sleep.png

Anyone could make some exe of any tutorial, and just put it on Steam site.

Like some link "Test your Hardware before purchase"

Stop toying and make games

What is the procedure for obtaining a refund for purchasing Leadwerks? I am unable to use it on my machine. I later discovered that my PC can support DirectX11 but not OpenGL4 (weird).

Please let me know, thanks.

Steam doesn't refund so you're out of luck. It's in the policy you agreed too when using steam. Steam lists the requirements clearly on each page and say it's the buyers responsibly to make sure their machines fits the requirements

All we can say is getting a better video card/computer so you can use Leadwerks and feel like you are not wasting your money.

There's also a "trading" section in the Steam forum, and some people wanted to trade some games for Leadwerks.

You can only trade it if they bought it as a gift and never redeemed it.

There's also a "trading" section in the Steam forum, and some people wanted to trade some games for Leadwerks.

The problem with that is, if you already own it on your account you can't trade it :( you have to buy it as a gift and have it in your inventory to trade it... :\ lol

You can always install it on another computer when you get access to an adequately spec'd system. That is one thing that steam has going for it, you can install it in multiple places.

You could build a decent desktop pc that does not take up a whole lot of room for about 400.00 USD. You would not be using the latest and greatest tech but you would be able to run leadwerks.

I can spec out a pc for you if needs be.

The only thing that is not cool, is if the guy don't have peronnaly more money to put to upgrade 3D Card or in the worst case have to buy a new PC even cheaper at some 400$ or more and if it wasn't planned for him to put more money : he is stuck. Blocked users will just use another 3D engine instead.

Well a simple demo showing a turning cube to valide people hardware would be welcome in Steam if some Leadwerks 3.1 demo don't show up in next months.

Stop toying and make games

The only thing that is not cool, is if the guy don't have peronnaly more money to put to upgrade 3D Card or in the worst case have to buy a new PC even cheaper at some 400$ or more and if it wasn't planned for him to put more money

The hardware requirements are clearly stated on the store page.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.