[LE 3.1 Steam] Ball physics stoping after some seconds

Starting the game , physics are ok, the ball moves when we rotate the white model.

After some 5 seconds, the ball don't collide no more with anything and pass trhought white model.

image.jpg

Here is how ot test :

Download and dezip file below somewhere.

1) Create a new project

2) copy whole folder '"balltest" under "models" folder of new project

3) copy the map ball2.map under "map" folder of new project

3) copy the script ballTest.lua under folder Scripts\objects\Player of your project

4) Run the game and play with arrow keys.

This is what we can call a "blocking bug".

(Would be great to have priority rating for bugs)

Ball project.zip

Stop toying and make games

I notice you have PhysicsSetRotation() commented out. This is the command you should be using. If you just manually reposition and rotate entities, it breaks the physics simulation and it will not collide with objects to wake them up.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I noticed your object still would not respond to PhysicsSetRotation...this is because the physics shape is created from the model, and is using a polymesh collision shape, which has no volume and is is only good for static collisions.

1. Place your model at position 0,0,0 and rotate it to 0,0,0. Build a simple physics shape based on brushes around it.

2. Parent those brushes to a single brush, doesn't matter which.

3. Right click and save the parent brush as a physics shape. You now have a physics shape that will react to physics, and not just do static collisions.

post-1-0-47938100-1390508274.jpg

This does reveal some things in the workflow that could be streamlined. For example, a convex decomposition option would be an easy way to automate this process. So there's still some room for future improvement, but it works right now with my instructions.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.