Terrain textures have black dots

beo6

Hello,

because of this Post: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/8322-leadwerks-dirt-texture-has-dots/

i just wanted to post this bug here.

Dots are visible in Editor and when running in release mode.

they are not visible when running the game in debug mode.

i only applied the diffuse layer for the textures and normal and displacement are empty.

post-60-0-98154900-1390344628_thumb.jpg

Hello, here you go. i hope i incuded everything needed to reproduce.

If you need anything just ask.

//Edit: However i can even reproduce it with the included developer textures when applied to a terrain. So i guess it has nothing to do with the texture itself.

Maps.zip

HOW TO SOLVE: Lets say you use the material terrain_savannah_dirt as the bottom (or terrain) texture

The dots will be there until you apply terrain_savannah_dirtdot3 as the normal texture. It removes the dots! Looks like it just needs a normal texture to read. Hope I helped!

Thank you

HOW TO SOLVE: Lets say you use the material terrain_savannah_dirt as the bottom (or terrain) texture

The dots will be there until you apply terrain_savannah_dirtdot3 as the normal texture. It removes the dots! Looks like it just needs a normal texture to read. Hope I helped!

Thank you, that helps a lot, I see them now...

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okay, got it. Basically, the terrain system generates a default flat normal map if no normal map is assigned. This is because 95% of the time a terrain layer should use a normal map...I can't imagine any surface that wouldn't. The last pixel was getting left off when the normal was written to the texture, which resulted in a grid of black dots.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.