Gameplay Tutorial Requests Here

Rick

Oh wow, that's pretty specific. I wonder if creating that on the fly in real-time would be FPS friendly. In that example I would think those would be smaller model segments that get loaded (instances loaded) and displayed right away. However, because the bike looks like it could cover the segment up it looks like it's coming from the back of the bike when it moves. It's like the bike is dropping the model segments as it moves and it's position is inside itself so as you move it looks like it's coming out the back.

I would like to see a video on the level design process using custom models. Just a tutorial more based on how to get the models in and apply the collisions and do the physics. Advice on level design aswell breaking it in to stages such as "blocking" and "set dressing"? Tutorials like this not only provide advice and information but also inspiration to developers to start their projects.

@Rick :

I seen some video demo named "over the shoulder demo"

Will you make a tutorial with the code ? Or post your actual code on WIKI for example ?

This would be usefull for TPS games or any RPG , even space ships camera system (putting camera behind the ship instead of shoulder indeed).

Stop toying and make games

Over the shoulder or behind, could be a simple input script parameter under script tab no ?

I thaugt it was some pivots ? one for shoulder, one behind character ?

(I forgot, entities child in the scene don't move with parent in Leadwerks 3, so pivot would not work or am i wrong ?)

Everyone, please list out anything you'd like to see that isn't already on the front page and is programming related and isn't a huge system that would take hours to explain in a tutorial.

Hey my last suggestion was voxel terrain generation.

Demo in js: http://maxogden.github.io/voxel-perlin-terrain/

I know this doesn't take hours to explain because I've seen single thread posts on it explained in other languages.

Point me to some of those discussions and if I have time to check it out I can give it a try.

Here is a C# Voxel Tutorial cut up into tiny pieces

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/198651-Tutorial-Procedural-meshes-and-voxel-terrain-C

@kavex : It's not a tutorial , lot more programming some complex voxel system, caus it asks optimisation, or am i wrong ? You can just create cubes in Leadwerks 3, optimisation needing to be coded.

Perlin Noise block generation isn't that big with only one block type (non-texture box). I wasn't asking for lakes, mountains, etc.

That tutorial is 8 sections. By no means is that small. I'd love to get to something like this but it's a decent time commitment and I have a few other things going on. I'll add it to the front page though. Anyone is welcome to do something like this too.

@kavex :

Your tutorial in the end is for achieving Minecraft like the picture in their tutorial site :

nofog+mc+vertex+lit.png

What you are asking is a new system.

It is same if i asked to Rick : "Please can you make some GUI and inventory system" based on that tutorials.

This thread is Rick tutorial thread, a tutorial is LE3 tutorial , not on how to create new terrain system ,new GUI system or new shader system ...

You should post technic new stuff on suggestion or programming threads instead.

@kavex :

Your tutorial in the end is for achieving Minecraft like the picture in their tutorial site :

nofog+mc+vertex+lit.png

What you are asking is a new system.

It is same if i asked to Rick : "Please can you make some GUI and inventory system" based on that tutorials.

This thread is Rick tutorial thread, a tutorial is LE3 tutorial , not on how to create new terrain system ,new GUI system or new shader system ...

You should post technic new stuff on suggestion or programming threads instead.

You are well over thinking it. I was just looking for chucks with perlin noise not a whole minecraft. The tuts I posted had that information in it for reference. Go to this and see how the ground is. http://maxogden.github.io/voxel-perlin-terrain/. This should be within leadwerks ability.

I'm pretty sure Minecraft is within Leadwerks ability. However, it's just about someone taking the time to learn how to do it and making some kind of tutorial. I put Voxel on the front page so we can see if anyone, or myself, have time to learn this. For me, I know this would span a week or so of pretty focused effort, which is hard to come by with 3 kids, wife, full-time job :)

• Upvote 1

I've been playing around with a lot of procedural content generation and using perlin noise lately but not for the past week or two now, It was before I got the engine and I was using two different languages, mainly cos I switched from one to the other XD. I'd love to see some of this type of content but if I don't I know I can do it, its just a matter of getting my head in gear for coding in Leadwerks, which the rest of these tutorials will help with :D

So if all else fails and nobody has made a tut for that type of stuff and I get something working, the least I would do is possibly post my code as an example for someone to cleanup or optimize and use :P for now, I'm all about the art though :) I want to get a bunch of assets finished up before I start with the code in this engine :D

@Rick, with all that going on... I really don't know how you even manage to spend the amount of time on these tutorials currently so kudos to you good sir! lol Keep it up laugh.png