Workflow streamline requests

Niosop

Here's some features I'd like to see that would streamline workflow in the editor:

• Prefab support - You have already indicated you'd like this, just included for completeness
  • Pause button for Update call - Either make the physics pause button also prevent the objects Update call from being called, or add another button. Pressing the pause button when it's already paused should call the update loop one time, allowing you to step through logic. Probably can't pause AppTime() or the editor will stop working, but that would be nice as well.
  • Make object tree match filesystem - Use the directory layout instead of the underscore system currently used.
  • Auto conversion of supported formats and filewatcher - If we copy a .obj or .fbx into the directory tree that it's watching, or update a .obj or .fbx that's already in there, the editor should automatically run the correct converter. If a .gmf is updated it should reload all instances of the model. It's a big time sink to manually run the converter then have to restart the editor to get it to appear on the list.

Anyways, these are just a couple of things that would help speed up workflow that slow me down a lot when compared to using Unity.

• Upvote 1

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

One thing that slows code designers is also this:

• Make the Model properties window update without having to restart Editor when making changes in the Model's script.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

One thing that slows code designers is also this:

• Make the Model properties window update without having to restart Editor when making changes in the Model's script.

I don't have to restart my editor when I change an objects properties window. It shows up instantly.

Make object tree match filesystem - Use the directory layout instead of the underscore system currently used.

Josh has said he prefers the system he is using so I doubt this will be changed. He say some other game dev company do it the way it is currently and liked it.

Josh has said he prefers the system he is using so I doubt this will be changed. He say some other game dev company do it the way it is currently and liked it.

Or better yet, give us the choice.

I agree with Niosop, especially a file watcher that automatically converts any OBJ's would be awesome. We will still have to create the material ourselves though I suppose.