Two frameworks simultaneously is it possible?

ArBuZ

You might run out of texture memory for no real reason then. So it might work, but it would be wasting resources.

I would make the main menu rather a seperate an 2D/3D overlay, that's how many games do it (sometimes you can even see the game scene behind the menu, since they put a black rectangle to cover the screen, but a line of pixels is still visible.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I wanted to make 3d menu in separate world where I can perform raycasts and animation and have some effects and transparency. I thought using of 2 frameworks is good and simple way of doing this. If I use one framework I will need somehow to move menu entities to fw.main and fw.transparancy worlds and back or show and hide them. Wasting resources is not acceptable. So Ill keep searching suitable solution :P

Q6600@2.4GHz - 9600GT - 4GB DDR2@800MHz - Windows7 x64

3ds max / photoshop CS3 / C++

http://www.arbuznikov.com

The best way would be to write a game state system, typically called "screens". You have a Screen structure with an Update, Render, Finish set of member functions. A ScreenManager has a handle to the ActiveScreen, and will call the Update and Render functions for it. When Finish is called, next loop the screen manager will go to the next screen.

We use such a system in Jeklynn Heights to go from Main Menu -> Loading Screen -> Game. And from game the next screen is GameScreen, when you press Escape.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

The best way would be to write a game state system, typically called "screens". You have a Screen structure with an Update, Render, Finish set of member functions. A ScreenManager has a handle to the ActiveScreen, and will call the Update and Render functions for it. When Finish is called, next loop the screen manager will go to the next screen.

We use such a system in Jeklynn Heights to go from Main Menu -> Loading Screen -> Game. And from game the next screen is GameScreen, when you press Escape.

That is what I wanted to do. But don't know how to use framework in such system. I would use separate framework for each screen. It would have it's own world with it's own settings. So in main menu I would have one render settings and effects(bloom, refraction etc.) and in game other settings and effects. I understand that I can (and have to) do all that by my hands. But framework is already done, and I'd like to use it. :)

Q6600@2.4GHz - 9600GT - 4GB DDR2@800MHz - Windows7 x64

3ds max / photoshop CS3 / C++

http://www.arbuznikov.com