Other platforms?

CopperCircle

LE3 is buzzy i think with Linux, Steam, new major update.

I'm not sure LE3 strategy to be to please each platform a user is asking.

WP8 has had more than double the downloads of the other platforms

Perhaps in terms for applications , not for games.

Stop toying and make games

I really doubt it that that is going to happen. Josh has spend all these years with OpenGL. DirectX would only apply for window, windows phone and xbox. But who knows. In the meantime there are so many things planned in the coming 6 months that I wouldn't count on it.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe there is significant demand, and we have enough to do already. That said, I thought the same thing of Linux support at one time.

Unfortunately, Microsoft's vendor lock-in is now becoming vendor lock-out, and the cost of implementing "Windows 8 mobile/phone/whatever it was most recently rebranded as" is relatively high.

Yes, that has been extremely useful. It's not like we couldn't have paid for Linux development. I just didn't know if there was any real demand there, and didn't want to waste time on a product if I wasn't sure people would buy it.

For PS4 : just read that :

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/7069-look-like-sonys-playstation-4-is-running-modified-freebsd-9/

I don't know , but multiple platforms can become problematic and heavy.

LE2 and all it's languages just showed it begun to be lot of work.

well perhaps bringing new platform will be just :

Make some bridge to create exe for a specific platform; llike Android.

In that case why not.

It will remain bugs, editor refining, some missing stuff we ask on suggestion forums.

If LE3 don't plan additionnal visual tools ( physic visual editing, special animation tools, etc ...) would mean more time for other stuff,

why not , it would be possibleto bring new playforms but like said it must be enought people coming and asking.

Why not some future PS4 support kickstarter biggrin.png

If it did happen, you probably wouldn't be able to use it without a publishing contract and your own developer license. I've got something better in mind, anyway.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If it did happen, you probably wouldn't be able to use it without a publishing contract and your own developer license. I've got something better in mind, anyway.

This is the reason it would be so much easier for a Indie if you supported the two largest game platforms in the world. A developer could invest their time and money into making the best game they can make. Instead of spending money and time that they most likely do not have trying to get a dev kit.

You have already promised to support the two consoles and now it looks like you are pulling back from that promise also. And what do you have in mind that would be better than a billion dollar market?

In the " port to xbox " topic from a little over a year ago. And now that entire topic is mysteriously missing.

I would not promise something like this if I had no customers lined up who could buy it, and had no way of knowing if I could do it.

This is the reason it would be so much easier for a Indie if you supported the two largest game platforms in the world. A developer could invest their time and money into making the best game they can make. Instead of spending money and time that they most likely do not have trying to get a dev kit.
If I get a dev kit and implement support for these, it doesn't automatically let you publish games. You still have to get your own dev kit. Until Sony or MS definitively say otherwise, I will assume it to still be true. We had the exact same conversations six years ago when the 360 and PS3 came out.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If I get a dev kit and implement support for these, it doesn't automatically let you publish games. You still have to get your own dev kit. Until Sony or MS definitively say otherwise, I will assume it to still be true. We had the exact same conversations six years ago when the 360 and PS3 came out.

Yes, this is common knowledge. But what if we develop our game first. And then that game turns out to be kick ***. We then try to get a dev kit with that said kick *** game. If the consoles like the kick *** game. We the developers would have to find another engine.(because you refuse to support them) Learn that engine. Develop the kick *** game on that new engine. All of which will take more time and more money. It seems to work good for a other engine. Why not you?

I would not promise something like this if I had no customers lined up who could buy it, and had no way of knowing if I could do it.

You did. And not long after you promised, you created a console section in the forum that was private. I knew I should have screen captured that post. I would not still be here. I said in the "port to xbox" topic that support for the consoles was a make or break feature for me. You then said you were going to support them.

I looked at the developer application. They want you to have a corporation and a bunch of other stuff, but it looks friendlier than what they had in the past, so it might actually be something we can do after the Linux port is done.

I looked at the developer application. They want you to have a corporation and a bunch of other stuff, but it looks friendlier than what they had in the past, so it might actually be something we can do after the Linux port is done.

I will not be fooled by comments like this any more.