Newbie and want to get started

SOLO

Hi,

I have brought LE 3 but have not used LE 2 or LE SANDBOX etc, I have used 3D worldstudio a little, my first question to the forum is - How do I start getting used to the editor for building my maps, are there any nice tutorials for building maps, books I can buy etc.

I just at this point in time want to build maps, light them etc. no programming or animation or character models etc.

I am used to map editors and textures, materials etc.

Many thanks for your time, looks like a great engine!

Aggror thanks I have already seen this video, its more to do with custom interface rather than mapping using LE 3, looks like a long road ahead regarding the best techniques to using LE 3 for map design/lighting and model importing.

Thanks anyway.

Best Regards SOLO

@SOLO:

You can do as you wish, you can go with BSP lightmapped, it's as simple as drawing cubes and adding lights.

Or you can import complete terrain mesh, house models mesh and textures and assign dynamic shaders.

Or you can mix CSG lightmapped and dynamic lightened models that you imported in Leadwerks 3.

The lights you place influence BSP lightmaped geometry, and models with dynamic shaders.

After that there is no rule, if you pout bad textures, bad lightening colors your level wont' be good.

Only work and get some feedback.

Stop toying and make games