Shadows and imported models?

CopperCircle

The projected shadow routine performs some real-time slicing operations to trim the area of the shadow geometry. CSG objects are optimized for this type of operation. If you were to do that on arbitrary polygon geometry it would run very slow. For this reason, it's useful to have a distinction between level geometry (CSG) and props placed throughout the level (polygons).

• 2 weeks later...

As simple as the configuration of dynamic shadows sounds, I haven't gotten them to work properly in the latest update (day before last, so had to be 5/22). In one instance, I set dynamic on a rotating CSG cylinder, which only displayed as a re-sizing square, not at all a representation of how it should really look. This was a project I had imported from the trial version..

Next, in a new project, I just placed a stationary CSG cylinder some distance above a CSG box for the ground and set the dynamic flag for that cylinder. In this case, I got no dynamic shadow at all. The shader folder and its contents were present, but I must be missing something somewhere if this feature should truly be working in a very simple scene.

Also, I do see the dynamic shadow in Darkness Awaits, so I even tried copying those shaders over to my project. This didn't work on my simple cylinder-with-ground test. What might all the factors be, besides simply checking the dynamic shadows for the object? I have to admit that I don't know how to associate the different shader with any particular items, so any direction or info would be good... Thank!

We could have some panel special for shaders , or even better a simple shader menu on model appearence tab panel.

The list would just construct dynamically when you launch Leadwerks 3, by scanning folders and files in the shader directory for example.

Stop toying and make games