OSX version problems

There isn't enough time in the day to submit all of the bugs and crashes I have encountered trying to use this engine. Just use the OSX version for 10 minutes and you will see all of them.

I'm sorry. I tried to give it a chance and work through the bugs, but I can't even use the damn thing for a minute straight without it crashing. It is clear that the OSX editor was not tested at all. Obviously Darkness Awaits was built on a PC and just published on a Mac for the iPad version. There is no way any game can be built using this OSX version.

I will wait until a new update before I give it another go, but please before you release the update try and actually use the OSX version first.

I probably use the Mac version more than the Windows version. Can you be more specific about your problem? Also note that an important update was posted last week that fixed an error where adding a script to an object would crash the editor.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I probably use the Mac version more than the Windows version. Can you be more specific about your problem? Also note that an important update was posted last week that fixed an error where adding a script to an object would crash the editor.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for bitching so much lol, was just frustrated. Anyways here are the main bugs I come across...

-When creating a new folder and renaming it it doesn't change, I have to restart the editor for changes to take effect.

-When saving a material from the material editor it crashes

-When resizing and saving a model from the model editor it crashes

Those bugs make it very hard to work with.

It sounds like all these problems center around the file system watcher. Bug fixes like this are top priority when we get back.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress on these 3 bug fixes yet?

And when you do upload a new build, how do we find out about it? Will the engine automatically update? Will you send an email to developers? Should we check the forum? Thanks.

Working on it now, update will go out tonight. Normally I just post a status update, but I don't know what I will do now.