Gile[s] and shader testing

shadmar

Here is a gile lightmapper test I did using a scene from dexsoft using static, dynamic and hybrid shaders.

1. Dynamic shaders, no lightmaps, but normal and specular:

dynamic.jpg

2. Lightmapped shaders (static) using gile lightmap as texture3, no normals no specular

static.jpg

3. Hybrid shaders (static) using gile lightmap as texture3, you can also see normal and specular

hybrid.jpg

My workflow for using Gile are

1. Open your model in UU3D

2. Save as b3d (which supports 2 uv maps and loadable by Gile)

3. Lightmap scene in Gile, then export as b3d.

4. Load the exorted model in UU3D save as gmf (tick multiple UV maps)

5. Add the gmf to LE3

6. Materials must have the exported lightmap as texture3 using either static lightmapped shaders (or the hybrid ones from me)

• Upvote 2

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

Looks nice shadmar!

Yougroove, that really isn't that complicated and also irrelivent, if your after a really good low performance cost scene it's what workflow works and suits you best. Blender while being good isn't the answer to all 3d needs.

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

I'm not sure imported lightmaps to be a good solution :

Like i posted in another thread :

Another LE3 point :

Making BSP in LE3 and placing lights in Leadwerks 3, make that these Lights that will be used in static BSP lightmapping, and they will work as dynamic lights on models when running the game.

Importing lightmapping from external programs, make that you loose the light information, so you won't have the dynamic lights.

The only solution, would be that LE3 would look at ligths information in FBX file and would load them as some lights.

So it would load your lightmapped model, and would create lights in the scene as the ones on the same FBX file.

Stop toying and make games