Racing game template

zenguy

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Hi,

Currently i own the Leadwerks 4.6 Engine on steam and i never really got around to using it

now years later i see that this new engine (UltraEngine) is released in the form of a monthly subscription,

i personally think that it is best to purchase the UltraEngine upcoming week instead of starting out a new game development with 4.6 because building a game is better on a newer engine that probably has had alot of improvements and is easier to use.

My question would be,

Does ultraengine have or will get in the future a racing/driving game template?

leadwerks 4.6 launches with a selection of pre-made templates that a new project can utilize, like FPS,

will ultraengine have something like this but additionally to create racing games?

or are the ways to make a drivable car from the editor interface with premade scripts to avoid having to custom code anything?

I really do like the idea of a engine that puts you in charge of creating games without having to dive deep into code,

i am not C++ experienced but have in the past modified C++ source codes to adjust something to my liking, but more than editing existing code is not in my power, but still i want to create a game according to my vision.

My vision is creating a racing game like NFS: Underground (my first ever played racing game) and take elements from games like The Crew 2 (openworld approach with nice envoirements to drive around in, trying to re-create entire cities in the editor.)

Answers or advice would be appreciated!

Greetings, Erik.

Yes. Ultra is currently using Newton 3. Newton 4 is better at handling vehicles. I have it partially implemented, and I plan to make it so you can select the physics engine when the world is created.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yes. Ultra is currently using Newton 3. Newton 4 is better at handling vehicles. I have it partially implemented, and I plan to make it so you can select the physics engine when the world is created.

Sounds great man!

But will there be a template for a new project to create a racing game? 

In leadwerks 4.6 if you select FPS template you are basicly setup to start creating a shooter,

i look for something similiar to this but for creating a racing game.

to have a example car with fully functioning controls premade, no custom coding needed (unless you want to extend features and code custom stuff and know how to.)

I apologize if i was not clear, english is not my primary language.

10 hours ago, Josh said:

Yes, I hope so.

That would be great man!

that i only have to change (import) car model/texture (engine does the rest), take my time to design real cities, skies, light effects within the editor and then just drive tru this world, creating slowly but steady a amazing world visually worth driving in, after that add some game elements to make it about more than just driving tru amazing scenery until it is a full game worth exploring and fun to play anytime, great replayability. Man that would be big for me! i heavily got inspired by The Crew 2, they did copy america 1:1 to drive around in, but i want my game to be still beautiful and real but at the same time more fast paced and tense like the older NFS games, trying to create that. The Crew 2 was not as badass in comparison to NFS:Underground with its sound tracks and races / envoirement, i want to mix elements of multiple games together to create something awesome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1