What are you working on :

YouGroove

While I wait for the Linux version on Steam to surface, I spend some time in Blender making the standard pack of assets. Too bad I can't UV unwrap to save my life... Working on a lantern now that's proving very difficult. :/

(Textures are from CGTextures)

post-12238-0-21366300-1404747886_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Ubuntu 14.04 / 64bit. Dell XPS430, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 4Gb Ram, Radeon HD 6670, Leadwerks Pro edition (Steam).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The font is garbled, the linux version refuses to load lua libs so it's hardcoded and I've not even begun handling inputs yet - but my Leadwerks myGUI platform is finally rendering \o/

LZ6SdFG.png

Not a terribly exciting screenshot, but after a week of staring at code and loosing sleep to casts and rogue pointers I'll take any visual gratification I can get wink.png

• Upvote 2

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

traj.jpg

That was done with shotgun. (Weak penetration) Rifles etc... can go through wall easily. So bullet ballistics functions. It's LE 2.5 and Blitzmax

Made this easy to use with my functions:

CreateBallisticBullet(shooter:TEntity, sound:TSound, rotX:Float, rotY:Float, height:Float)
UpdateBallisticBullets(DrawTraj=False)
NewBallisticWeapon(name$, magazineSize, caliber$, sound, velocity, bulletDrop)
EquipBallisticWeapon(slot)
GetBallisticWeaponMagazineNow(slot)
GetBallisticWeaponMagazineFull(slot)
GetBallisticWeaponCaliber$(slot)
AddBallisticBullets(caliber$, amount)
ReloadBallisticWeapon(slot)
GetBallisticBulletAmount(caliber$)

What do you think? Any game ideas?

• Upvote 2

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

Had to start from scratch with my lua GUI system. This time it's designed to deal with future additions better than the old one.

post-7960-0-32580000-1410847293_thumb.jpg

I have a windows manager controlling all the windows processes now. I'll be adding buttons, and input boxes next. After i have enough components i'll be dog-fooding my gui

• Upvote 2

TcJGtNs.png

Going places - mostly backwards its seems keyhandling is completely fubar'ed and will likely need a rewrite.

Automatic binding to lua functions ( onClick="Player:myFunction" or onClick="Player:output:myOutput" ) works perfect - but only for top level widgets... will properly have to do late/dynamic binding instead.

Seems every time I tick one item off my todo list I add 5 new dry.png

• Upvote 2

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=77397

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=77398

I think the above pics are more improved versions of the one I was working on in my video..

My video if you all have not seen it yet....

• Upvote 2

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

For now, just a simple, scif-fi crate. I suck at UV mapping royally... Meaning there are probably way to many seams on this model. Its still a WIP, but otherwise I like the hexagonal texture.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg6szwdjvmtx7iv/future_crate.png?dl=0

Texture taken from cgtextures.com, modified by me.

I'm an enthusiast developer looking to make games for Linux. :D

For now, just a simple, scif-fi crate. I suck at UV mapping royally... Meaning there are probably way to many seams on this model. Its still a WIP, but otherwise I like the hexagonal texture.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg6szwdjvmtx7iv/future_crate.png?dl=0

Texture taken from cgtextures.com, modified by me.

Reminds me of the cube from Portal, looks good.

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Nearly complete space station http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=77485

the design can be used as a space ship also .. was going for universal parts.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=77578

All walls and floors are 1 sided so I can load individual rooms as I walk through the doors.

Except the outer walls where the glass is....removing the faces there caused some issues...so I will leave them alone for now.

Also the bottom of the textured model in its current position in the picture there is a section for an elevator.

I was told by someone that this is not a good layout for a research space station(this is only 1 floor mind you..there will be 2 other floors)...so if you guys like this..then I will continue with it...if not I will change the layout.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

This thread deserves a bump!

--

So here's a work in progress video of the 'Fallout' GameMode in my game Bobblemod. This GameMode is about the Last Man Standing while tiles randomly drop. Players are warned beforehand because the tile turns red. The player who survives the longest wins the round.

Some remarks:

- Chat key-detection is somewhat broken.

- Screen turns black after falling because player dies. There's no spectating code yet etc.

- Other players don't move because I can't control 3 players at once.

- Uses a dedicated server (same binary as client).

Tech. Features:

- Most of the code is in Lua. Performance seems to be fine so far.

- BASS audio engine.

- Latest ENet network library integration

- Networked (physics) entities via map-loading and on-the-fly creation serverside.

- Synced players

- GameMode manager

- This 'Fallout' GameMode itself is currently only about 100 lines code.

Video:

My thoughts on the game:

It was mostly a test to improve my Lua and game logic coding skills. But when I have the motivation to finish this I want to make Bobblemod a bit like Counter-Strike Source MiniGame maps and Garry's Mod Fretta GameModes where players play short GameModes for ~ 4 rounds and then get to vote for a new MiniGame. With scoring included of course. It should be all about fun! :)

Let me know what your guys thoughts are.

• Upvote 4

Still working on a space station with 3D World Studio ...this is one of the sections..post-2229-0-60247000-1415201468_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Starting to integrate one of the many new planet/moon surface shades I've been hacking away at for the past couple of weeks. Lots of work to do still, but good enough for a first pass...

planetSHADERingameTEST.jpg

Awesome! shows what Leadwerks 3 can really do (when you put some effort into it laugh.png )

• Upvote 1

Im still tinkering with my silly Zombie game. Totally stoked I figured out how to add new weapons and make them work!

BTW, I made a tutorial after having a few drinks so if you need to import new weapons, watch it. Here is my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-zfMu2hnZ4BlzBR-CfQbUA

http://youtu.be/dnhYxEEkxTI

• Upvote 7

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Terrain Map I am working on ...pics:

Satellite image with shadows removed

post-2229-0-85841600-1415854894_thumb.jpg

Terrain map in World Machine from above Satellite Image heightmap

post-2229-0-29272300-1415854931_thumb.jpg

Tweaks done in World Machine for above heightmap output:

#1 combined original heightmap with Perlin noise +0.5

#2 added erosion

#3 combined original heightmap with erosion +0.5

#4 combined erosion wear map with Deposition map +1.0 for splatmap

#5 added an output for a flowmap

#6 added Convexity Map for flowmap from heightmap combiner output

#7 added slope map for splatmap from heightmap combiner output

#8 made normal map from heightmap combiner output

post-2229-0-71175200-1415854978_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4