Visual editor ETA

awgsknite

Go to solution Solved by SpiderPig,

I can't seem to find any answers for my questions I have so I gotta ask here:

Is there any Visual editor ETA yet for the new UltraEngine ?

Also, if we subscribe for the $10/month early access will it stay at $10/month for current subscribers after some major updates like the Visual editor update ?

Does the sub for $10/month go up higher in price for current subs after the price goes up or does it stay at $10/month permanently for current subs ?

18 hours ago, awgsknite said:

Is there any Visual editor ETA yet for the new UltraEngine ?

Also, if we subscribe for the $10/month early access will it stay at $10/month for current subscribers after some major updates like the Visual editor update ?

Does the sub for $10/month go up higher in price for current subs after the price goes up or does it stay at $10/month permanently for current subs ?

I don't have a release date in mind yet. Most of the work is being done on the asset browser / asset editor interfaces. This is necessary because:

• Ultra imports and exports many file formats and supports a plugin system.
  • Ultra supports packages, not just for the finished game, but can save and edit packages as you are developing the game. The package system also works with plugins, which makes the engine useful for modding as well.
  • Given the scriptable nature of the new editor, I have to go more carefully and try to anticipate the ways people will try to use it, as best as I can.

Ultra Engine early access is currently available on a subscription at $7.99 / mo. I don't plan raise that price for active plans if the price goes up at the final release. There are currently a few people who are paying $1.99 because their subscription carried over from Ultra App Kit, and their willingness to take a chance on the subscription model was very helpful in getting this all set up.

I do not know if the price will go up at all at the final release. $9.99 is a nice round number that still seems small, but $7.99 comes in at just under $99 / year, which is also a nice place to be. It probably depends on whether I am comparing it to a $99 annual option, and whether I would prefer to nudge people towards monthly or annual. Right now I actually prefer monthly because I can see steady daily sales and it removes a lot of fear and uncertainty from my life.

However, I do not like to make promises about future plans because changing conditions sometimes require a change in actions, so it does not make sense to lock myself in with promises when I don't know what the future holds. Here are a few things that could happen:

• I might have to adjust the price for future inflation, if it becomes significant.
  • There could be a technical problem that requires me to change the pricing for all plans at once. This has not happened yet, and I don't know how it would, but anything is possible.
  • Some possibility comes up to significantly improve what I am delivering to you, if I raise prices and use the extra funds for some purpose. Everyone complained when Netflix raised their price from $9.99 to $14.99, but it allowed them to add better content to their service. No one is asking now to go back to pay $9.99 a month so they can only watch bad foreign indie movies.

I don't plan for any of that to happen, and I don't think it will, but those are some possible hypothetical scenarios I can imagine.

• Like 3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.