Release Notes

Josh

This is the very first update for Ultra Engine SDK! This update occurs on the 1.0.1 branch.

Here's what I changed:

• Added Widget::SetTexture method
  • CreateTexture will now return NULL if RGB/BGR format is used, since these are unsupported un Vulkan
  • Widget::SetPixmap will now automatically convert a pixmap to RGBA if it is in a format that cannot be displayed

The client application was having some problems detecting updates on the 1.0.1 development branch, and I had to fix some small issues. In order to detect updates on the 1.0.1 branch, please download and install the new build of the client application:
https://ultraengine.github.io/files/UltraClient.exe

Once you install that, you will be able to smoothly detect and download updates.

Note that the 1.0.0 branch is currently the default option. It is considered a "stable" build that will never change. To switch to the current "development" branch (1.0.1), just press the uninstall button, select the new branch you want, and press install.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Josh changed the title to Patch Notes
  • Josh unfeatured and pinned this topic
  • Josh featured, unpinned, unfeatured and pinned this topic

Updated 1.0.1

• Fixed crash on exit mentioned here.
  • May prevent possible crash from occurring when rendering some widgets for the first time in 3D interfaces.
  • TextField widgets no longer respond to up and down keys, just right and left. This is because I plan to use the up and down keys to scroll through previous entries in the editor console, like a command prompt.
  • Added check to prevent windows from being sent into infinite event loops.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Josh changed the title to Release Notes

Updated 1.0.1

• Fixed memleak in CreateThread function
  • Small improvements to widget events and window cursor handling
  • Replaced Sleep function with high-resolution version on Windows
  • Correct RENDERSTART event will now be sent indicating failure on integrated graphics
  • Added Widget::SetItemState() method, for selecting multiple items
  • Added FlushEvents() function
  • Moved EventQueue and EventListener classes into Core:: namespace
  • Textures loaded from plugins will now convert RGB/BGR images to a valid format

Updated 1.0.1

• Fixed Agent::SetMaxSpeed and SetMaxAcceleration not being called under some conditions
  • Multi-line labels in 3D interfaces now working
  • CreateSprite now supports TEXT_TOP, TEXT_MIDDLE, and TEXT_BOTTOM flags, in addition to left, center, right
  • Text sprites are now created with the center in the top-left corner instead of bottom-left (TEXT_TOP | TEXT_LEFT). I'm not 100% sure if this is best, but that is how it is working now
  • Upvote 1

Updated 1.0.1

• Added Mesh::Get/SetVertexColor
  • glTF loader now loads vertex colors and second UV set
  • Window::style is now a read-only public member
  • Like 1

Updated 1.0.1

• Fixed bug where changing color scheme did not affect menus or combobox windows
  • Added stricter checking of minimum mesh collider triangle size
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.0.1 is now the default channel. I want to lock in a new version about once a month. 1.0.1 will never change again, and future updates will be available on the next new channel 1.0.2 (which does not exist yet).

New channel 1.0.2

• Fixed custom widget crash
  • Added new Pixmap::Resize overload
  • Added new CreateStreamBuffer overload
  • Fixed some internal math so Pixmap::WritePixel and ReadPixel can handle very big virtual pixmaps (created with a StreamBuffer)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 1.0.2

• Pixmap::CopyRect now much faster, especially when a streambuffer pixmap is used
  • Fixed errors in Pixmap::Sample linear filtering
  • Fixed Pixmap::WritePixel bug
  • Fixed it so Pixmap::ReadPixel and WritePixel will now work with very big images
  • Pixmap conversions now all work without calling Buffer::Data, for compatibility with StreamBuffers
  • Added a few missing pixel format conversions
  • Added Pixmap::Blit
  • Added Pixmap::Extract
  • Fixed Entity::AlignToVector bug
  • Fixed joint deletion bug
  • Fixed component collision bug
  • Stream::Read and Write are now broken into 8 Mb chunks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 1.0.2

• Added CreatePackage
  • Added Package::Close
  • Added Package::Flush
  • Added Package::LoadDir
  • Added Package::WriteFile
  • Fixed LoadDir not working with packages
  • Fixed Pixmap::WritePixel bug
  • Added Pixmap::Invalidate
  • Like 2

Updated 1.0.2

• Switched from minizip to ziplib, which handles dynamic addition / removal of files and is generally just much better. thanks for the tip @reepblue
  • Removed Package::WriteFile
  • Added Package::AddFile, which accepts a buffer instead of returning a stream
  • Package::DeleteFile has a new "immediate" optional parameter
  • Like 2

Updated 1.0.2

• Like 2