Alembic

source

Since Leadwerks 5 appears to have a decent graphical features, I think having Alembic to complement that would be amazing and open the doors for different use cases other then just gaming like for VFX. Especially if you eventually add raytracing. Without Alembic I think it is hard to sell this as VFX tool, but with Alembic I think it becomes a viable option. Also Alembic can be used for games as well for animations that need to be cached like for example animated destruction of objects.

What is Alembic?  I found it, I am looking into it...

Lua support will be very good when it is ready. I'm using a new binding library, that works nicely with C++ shared pointers, so you can actually use the Lua garbage collector instead of having to manually delete objects.

Debugging Lua works really well in Visual Studio Code:
image.thumb.png.feb686507f49b7a5110f0a1b2fa8c6df.png

And then finally, Lua scripts will be used to write extensions for the new editor. A script can hook into events so it can replace or modify program behavior, hide or add different parts of the interface, create new windows and panels, etc. It will be very cool to see what people create with it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yeah Alembic is well integrated with most VFX software. It is mostly used to cache mesh animation data in a precise manner. It is a way to skip the rigging step or to animate things that are very difficult to rig like complex physics simulations that require a lot of precisely animated mesh data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1