Compatibility Test

Josh

I want to start some more widespread compatibility testing. The only issue I have seen is that some GPUs have strange configurations I have not encountered yet. These issues are usually easy to fix once I see what is happening.

Please give this a try:

test.zip

System requirements are Windows 10 and a discrete GPU that supports Vulkan 1.3.

This is a simple graphics initialization test. If it starts correctly it will look like this:

instanced.png

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Not home right now, but doesn't launch on my laptop. Not sure it is supposed to (not discrete, but thought it was worth a shot anyway). Probably not what you are looking for lol. I'll see about getting home to my PC someday :)

i now hate love C++

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep~~This is a test of the emergency signature system~~Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep

RX 6800XT | i5-13600KF | 32GB DDR5 | 1440p is perfect

Just now, IceBurger said:

Not home right now, but doesn't launch on my laptop. Not sure it is supposed to (not discrete, but thought it was worth a shot anyway). Probably not what you are looking for lol. I'll see about getting home to my PC someday :)

What GPU do you have?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

What GPU do you have?

My PC has an RX 580 (I believe lol, I don't use it much). My laptop just has Intel UHD G1. I am going to try and get some of my buddies to run the benchmark as well, they have some diverse setups.

i now hate love C++

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep~~This is a test of the emergency signature system~~Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Okay, please let me know your results.

The engine won't run on integrated graphics yet.

Needed to install OpenAL, but it launched on an RX 580. However, it was only a white screen. No errors and nothing else but a white screen. It then closed itself.

i now hate love C++

@IceBurger I updated the above download as well as the binaries in the benchmarks repo.

• OpenAL32.dll is no longer needed
  • If renderer initialization fails an error message will be displayed, maybe with some extra information

9 hours ago, Josh said:

@IceBurger I updated the above download as well as the binaries in the benchmarks repo.

• OpenAL32.dll is no longer needed
  • If renderer initialization fails an error message will be displayed, maybe with some extra information

It definitely does something (PC slows down) but still just a white screen with no errors.

Works fine on a GTX 1080 Ti tho.

i now hate love C++

Okay, so two people with a 580 are reporting a problem, and it is probably a crash since no error is being displayed. We can do a remote debugging session and I will able to see very quickly what is causing it:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/debugger/remote-debugging-cpp?view=vs-2022

I did this with one other person and it was easy to fix the problem once I saw it on their machine. Vulkan has extremely complicated setup code and it's easy for a strange configuration I haven't encountered to trigger a simple code error.

13 minutes ago, trashcanuseful said:

@Josh if you know remote control programm you can easy climb in my system itself 

It's voluntary, only if you want to do that. 😄 I've actually only used remote debugging once, but they had to open the session and temporarily let me connect.

• 7 months later...

Sorry, I forgot about this. Same blank crashing issue on AMD 6800 XT. I'm completely open to whatever remote access thingies would help fix it.

i now hate love C++