Published game has lower quality

Robbo

I can run the game map in the editor and looks good at highest screen resolution (300 FPS) but when I publish my game to an external exe file then the screen has slightly speckled artefacts almost as if I haven't got Trilinear filter on...(it is on) or like its using lower resolution textures...its not the same as the game in the editor, and have checked this many times....

Even when I go to the settings and put everything at max, is not good enough  (as it starts at max settings anyway).

What is missing that the editor has and the external exe doesnt ???

also I cant seem to get 1920 x 1080 resolution to run by default also...like it cant find the settings or something as max settings show as 1536 x 864....note I dont think this is related to the problem above as in the editor still looks good at 1536x864.... so different problem....

Help.....

OK, sorry...never mind - I found the problem in my outdoor terrain test.

Although my graphics card driver was only 1 year old, when I updated it fixed the problem and so left me with basically the same graphics as in the editor.

I found Antialias at 2x (333 FPS) was best, as 4x (250 FPS) only had slight difference and big FPS drop (from very high level).

Everything else at max settings was fine except Anisotropic filter ran better switched off strangely for outdoor terrain environment...

• Like 1

Leadwerks is not DPI-aware because the GUI was not designed to scale arbitrarily. It is possible to turn on DPI-awareness in C++, but your onscreen text will appear too small at higher scaling.

The Ultra Engine GUI was designed to be resolution-independent, so the new engine handles DPI correctly.

ss_87322890329765cfb85f5f8c9fe2ba8350c3f3b1.1920x1080.jpg?t=1626890007

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.