where is the ultra app kit docs?

AxtroDev

Hi, the UAK documentation has been merged into Ultra Engine documentation. All the GUI stuff is there, as well as the 3D capabilities of the new engiine. Ultra App Kit is no longer going to be sold on Steam and further development is merging into the new 3D engine. 

You can still create a desktop application with no game element to it, it requires no DLLs to distribute, and the executables are still less than 5 MB with UPX compression.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes. I am switching over to a subscription model because Steam does not bring in sales anymore. I think the pricing is very reasonable. People who subscribe during the early access phase will get a 20% discount, and that will stay locked in as long as they keep their subscription active. (The only thing that could change that would be if we experience massive inflation of the USD, which is possible but probably unlikely, but I just want to point that out.)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Hi, the UAK documentation has been merged into Ultra Engine documentation. All the GUI stuff is there, as well as the 3D capabilities of the new engiine. Ultra App Kit is no longer going to be sold on Steam and further development is merging into the new 3D engine. 

You can still create a desktop application with no game element to it, it requires no DLLs to distribute, and the executables are still less than 5 MB with UPX compression.

Does that mean, even if i had a stand alone copy of it on steam, i wouldnt have the rights to make a software with it after the release?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vida Marcell said:

Does that mean, even if i had a stand alone copy of it on steam, i wouldnt have the rights to make a software with it after the release?

It will stay on your Steam account, and you can continue to download it from your account here if you bought it here. Of course I can't retroactively change the license, and you can still do as you want under the terms of the license when you bought it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This kind of sucks for people who bought Ultra App Kit to help support you, I got it last fall and would appreciate access to the original docs that were online. I understand the licensing model isn't working out for you but we should still have access to what we got when we purchased.

Edit: I realize they are "still there" but I can't even remember what classes were there, etc.

• Like 1