Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here are the results I am getting mixing screen space reflections with environment probes. The two blend very nicely. Of course it will look bad if you make a level out of mirrors, but if you use normals maps to break up the reflection and only make some parts shiny I think this will give good results: Also note how the sky reflection pans in reflections, instead of being basked into the probe cubemap.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It's not very glamorous but this is important: I replaced my screen unproject functions with matrix-based functions that can handle any arbitrary projection matrices. This is important because some VR headsets use funny projections for rendering. This is the reason Leadwerks does not support post-processing effects in VR, but now it should be no problem.

https://community.khronos.org/t/position-reconstruction-from-gl-fragcoord-and-depth-value-using-matrix-multiply/109115

• Like 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I've got the lighting working consistently between SSR and environment probes now. An SSR reflection gives identical light levels to the environment probe. Next step is to blur the SSR so it matches the roughness of the environment probe sampling. You can see a few artifacts here because the SSR is perfectly sharp but the env map reflection is rough.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c68ce24341ed9b5c645f43d9907d3cb2.jpg

• Like 1

Adding randomness to the reflection vector is pretty effective at handling rough surfaces, but it introduces a lot of graininess:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.ddc9438843aaff9ae5dd9ce53b96fed1.jpg

• Like 2

More ray samples lowers the framerate but it looks quite good. I need to try isolating the SSR result and running that through a denoise filter.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2d963d1a5ec65fe3a192869ffa2277bd.jpg

• Like 2