Ultra Engine, which plan ?

khotan

After Josh's plan, what do you think of this? What do you need the most? Is there any suggestion or improvement at the level of websiste like gallery or videos or video games quite simply? What do you think of the Ultra Engine price because there are not many people who are interested in subscribing?

Here we can help each other for this future game engine including Ultra Engine. For my part I would like there to be more tutorials, more help to concretize the games, do more promotion at Ultra Engine to attract new users. It's the only way to move forward I think.

And you?

I get it Josh has to do what he has to do. I don't like that I'm decreasingly his target market because Leadwerks is great for me. I agree with him he should focus his efforts towards his goals. Maybe down the line he'll add some Ultra stuff to regular Leadwerks or even come up with Ultra Light or something for the people who want to just buy it outright. I feel like a company like NASA would happily pay a subscription and that would be cool to be like an outside contractor for a company like that or for Elon Musk or something. You couldn't really blame him for ditching us for something like that.

My only real complaint with Leadwerks was the lack of help with shaders. I just got the internet and started trying to figure it out and passed on what I learned. I feel like thats the way tutorials would have to go. It would be cool to read tutorials from a guy like reepblue. I think the community could be way cooler if it went that direction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, havenphillip said:

My only real complaint with Leadwerks was the lack of help with shaders. I just got the internet and started trying to figure it out and passed on what I learned. I feel like thats the way tutorials would have to go. It would be cool to read tutorials from a guy like reepblue. I think the community could be way cooler if it went that direction.

Thanks, but Cyclone would have worse looking glass without your shader tutorials. 💙

I'm not good at hand holding tutorials. I'm good at making logic systems that nobody else wants to think about and sharing those systems with others explaining how it works. I learned the engine from reading it's headers and spent years figuring out how to compose it all into something worthwhile. I'm very excited to see what cool things I can do with Ultra Engine.

• Like 2

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

13 hours ago, havenphillip said:

Maybe down the line he'll add some Ultra stuff to regular Leadwerks or even come up with Ultra Light or something for the people who want to just buy it outright.

I have an idea, Josh could release a Graphics SDK for one time payment, like bs::framework, that contains only the graphical part of the engine. And you can develop the other parts as you want it.

• Like 1