game launcher not working

onaid

hi all is anyone else having issue with game launcher , i was visiting a mate and i wanted to show him my game i had made via game launcher . none of the games including mine will download just get the following error . have tried install and uninstall subscribe and unsubscribe steam cloud on . still no luck tried on 2 different  PC also

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

trying to download and its painfully slow for some reason and get about 60mb in and i get network error , its just this link ... im in aus my internet is about 40mbps so it shouldnt be this slow ? is there another link josh :(

Capture.PNG

To be honest, most of my attention comes from my YouTube channel which I'm fortunate to have an established viewer base. My itch.io for my game gets as much traffic as the savannah desert.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I still have all your files, but I am migrating the screenshots and videos into the gallery and video section. I feel that having all that content condensed together is a lot better than making the user hunt through a lot of quality and not so great pages.

In general, I want the site to focus on images and videos. That's when things work best. Things get weird when I try to poke my nose into other weird web features.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If in the future this site can drive some serious traffic to your Steam page, then it could be worth considering turning those game pages back on. However, that would be a little bit different focus and we would want to change the functionality based on what the goal is. Right now it's a dumping ground for files, ideas, and finished games, all in one mess that is not very nice to browse through.

For right now, I don't want to have any features hanging around that aren't really working. I had a lot of dumb ideas I pursued, and I like having a clear focus on what I am supposed to be doing.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Here's an idea for you guys.  Take ten of those Leadwerks game jam games, add an achievement for each, and release it as "Indie Jam Bundle" on Steam. You can make each game a different launch option. People will play through all the games to try to get all the achievements.

I think this site really works best when it's more like Artstation.com and less like itch.io. When I try to turn it into a "social gaming" thing the results are never very good and I think I just annoy people.

7 minutes ago, reepblue said:

FYI, I really miss the live chat. I like seeing and posting quick updates. The old Status system was also good for this.

Okay, it's on.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...