Questions about ultraengine.

Eternal

1) What is the approximate release date of ultraengine? Will there be any early access version?

2) Will we get also ray-tracing?

3) The title page says large worlds or even space simulations. So there will be also a stream in and out functionality?

4) Will it be able to extend / replace the default rendering pipeline/graph?

50 minutes ago, Eternal said:

1) What is the approximate release date of ultraengine? Will there be any early access version?

2) Will we get also ray-tracing?

3) The title page says large worlds or even space simulations. So there will be also a stream in and out functionality?

4) Will it be able to extend / replace the default rendering pipeline/graph?

1) I'm aiming within the next three months
2) Early access release will be just a C++ programming SDK
3) I'm thinking about asynchronous loading commands for some assets.
4) There is a post-processing system that gives you control over rendering buffers and multiple sub-passes to create effects. The Vulkan rendering pipeline tends to be extremely fine-tuned, and I tend to favor performance over flexibility. Not sure what you are looking to modify.

• Like 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I mixed up question #1 and 2. Regarding ray tracing, I am working on a voxel method with nice results:

The idea is to provide dynamic global illumination and reflections with fast performance on most GPUs. I am also very interested in hardware raytracing, but I want to focus on the voxel method now because its performance is so much faster. The only drawback is it doesn't do really sharp reflections, but blurry or slightly distorted reflections look great.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Just now, Vida Marcell said:

But Josh, after you finished voxal cone step tracing, will it look like this metallic?

Only on surfaces with a high metalness value.