Any game created with Leadwerks ?

khotan

Someone have created a game with lastet Leadwerks in 2021/2022 ? If yes so please show your screenshot because I need to be inspired from you ! 😇

I ask because with Leadwerks 2.5 to 3.0 and created some game was good if I remember.

Im porting a previous game I created ( from a different engine ) over to leadwerks 4.6,  it's a 3rd person / hack n slash(cast) / tower defense hybird. :0 ( say that 3 times real fast lol ).  

** Special thanks to havenphillp for his help on the water shader and thirsty panther and everyone else who helped me get started with the LE engine **

Toon/Stylized enviroment, which has proven to be harder than regular gfx..

Very very early screenshot, I'm really still just working on gfx conversions and the character controller, which is at 31 actions registered so far.  I've yet to work on the vegitation/grass and debris system so that's going to be a major boost to the look and feel once in.

Here's some shots of the older game I'm upgrading from, as you can tell theres been a massive gfx improvement thanks to LE 4.6.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, havenphillip said:

@ evil turtle That looks awesome what program do you use to make models?

Thank you so much 😄

I use Wings3D for the modelling, Blender with the PBR Painter 2 plugin for the textures and animations. Can highly recommend that by the way, it's made things ten times easier and faster.

I've heavily customized the original PBR shader in LeadWerks to better implement PBR and to implement texture packing so metallic, roughness, AO (baked in Blender), emission, height and extra data such as a texture for the infection effects is contained in just 2 textures. Albedo and normal maps are 2 more textures, for 4 textures in total.
It's not perfect yet, but getting there ;)

• Like 5

Ok maybe I'll start with that. I want to get into modeling but I tried Blender once before and it felt like a very steep learning curve. I need it easier and faster. I bought 3DCoat but barely opened it for the same reason. I don't know if it's any good. But the walls of that ship look awesome that's what I want to make. And I like that 4-texture PBR idea, and the steam coming out of the wall that's so Alien.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, havenphillip said:

Ok maybe I'll start with that. I want to get into modeling but I tried Blender once before and it felt like a very steep learning curve. I need it easier and faster. I bought 3DCoat but barely opened it for the same reason. I don't know if it's any good. But the walls of that ship look awesome that's what I want to make. And I like that 4-texture PBR idea, and the steam coming out of the wall that's so Alien.

Oh yes Blender is quite overwhelming. I am planning to make a tutorial post here on the LW forums in which I will detail my workflow and how to make PBR-textures in Blender with the plugin as well as texture packing in Materialize.

Don't expect that anytime soon though, I am incredibly busy with the game atm haha

• Like 2