LE Builder giving error each time I try to create a project

Juggernaut

Hello,

I am using Leadwerks 2.5

Each time I try to create a new project using LE Builder for Visual C++ 2008, I get

the following error message as shown in the attached screen shot.

Ironically the message refers to Visual Studio 2010 which I do not have installed. I only have Visual C++ 2008 Express installed.

How can I rectify it ?

Thanks,

post-6030-0-34576900-1362420112_thumb.png

Ah .... ok. Still wonder why the menu option label is " CPP 2008" and not "CPP 2010"

Despite of the error, the project generated is compiling in Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition !

I will stick with VS 2008 for the time being. Thank you wh1sp3r for dropping by.

First time I have seen that before ... glad it still works for you with VS2008.

To avoid problems i just Installed 2008,2010, and 2012...

I actually like 2012 ...seems to run the fastest ..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Guest Red Ocktober

im still on 2008 and have never seen that one before...

but i imagine now that i've installed msvc2010 runtimes to test out L3, strange things will start happening :)

--Mike

Thanks for sharing the personal preferences folks. I do feel the warmth to be part of this community. :)

By the way ..... is it possible to get syntax highlighting for the LE 2.5 functions and defined constants in Visual C++ 2008 Express like in the

C++ video tutorials hosted at wiki ? All the LE 2.5 functions and constants are plain black in my editor. So it is not possible for me if I have

mistype a function name or a constant. Anybody knows how to get this working ?

From MSDN:

To set syntax coloring for user-defined keywords

1. In the same directory as msdev.exe, use the Text editor or Windows Notepad to create a text-only file named usertype.dat.

2. Add your keywords to usertype.dat, one keyword per line.
    Note The usertype.dat file is read during initialization. It cannot be renamed, nor can it be reloaded during an editing session. The syntax coloring mechanism checks the usertype.dat file last. Thus, all previously defined color settings take precedence over the user-defined keywords.
  3. Save the file as a text-only file, exit, and then restart Visual Studio.

4. From the Tools menu, choose Options.

5. Select the Format tab.

6. In the Colors box, select User Defined Keywords.

7. Set the font, font size, foreground color, and background color to your preferences.
    For more information, see <a href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa265717(v=vs.60).aspx#_asug_to_change_colors_used_for_syntax_coloring" sab="1378">To change colors used in syntax coloring.
  8. Click OK.

I don't know better way, but perhaps, you can download some extensions for this. Also, you have to make function list yourself or perhaps someone can make it from header :)

-= Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz - ATI HD5870 - 6 GB DDR3 RAM - Windows 8 Pro 64x=-

@wh1sp3r : Thank you for the steps. Looks like Mr. did real hard work to get syntax hi lighting working in his Visual C++ 2008 Express.

I will not be doing it right now. First I learn the functions and how the engine works. :)

Just look in the Leadwerks SDK CPP folder and you will find a usertype.dat file ready for this very purpose ;)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

O ok. Thanks Pixel for that inside tip. Now this should make the job easier :)

@wh1sp3r and @Pixel Perfect ...... your steps and tips got me working the syntax hi lighting in Visual C++ 2008 Express ......

Just to note that msdev.exe was for Visual Studio 6, it is replaced by VCExpress.exe for the Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. So just by placing the usertype.dat file within the folder where VCExpress.exe resides and restarting the IDE did the job for me !