How to create an OpenGL context in UAK with GLEW?

Vida Marcell

Hi everybody, i searched all google pages that had the two words ui and opengl, and i didnt found anything that could help. So i can slightly understand what the opengl example tries to do, but i dont think i can even call myself a programmer, so i cant translate glaux opengl to glew. So i need you help guys!! Can someone give me an UAK example with a glew context? Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...

Vida,

Just got UAK yesterday and looking into the same thing with SDL2.   I'm a new coder and just getting into the C++ game dev world.  (as a hobby).  I do believe that you need to look into Window  Handles and Opengl Contexts as a start.    Love to know if you made any progress?

Thanks,

Mike 

13 hours ago, MLeavy320 said:

Vida,

Just got UAK yesterday and looking into the same thing with SDL2.   I'm a new coder and just getting into the C++ game dev world.  (as a hobby).  I do believe that you need to look into Window  Handles and Opengl Contexts as a start.    Love to know if you made any progress?

Thanks,

Mike 

Hello Mike, i was trying to put a Opengl context into my application with the GetHandle function, but it too complicated, also i think Opengl is low level itself, so i rather use a game engine for this type of software. The only progress i made since then, that i can create a Leadwerks window inside an uak application. Currently i'm working on a material toolkit software, the ui part is almost done, dm me if you want to know more.