Building Ultra App in Code::Blocks in Linux, Needed Libraries

Azure_Zero

Hey

Can I get a hand in getting Ultra App Kit to work in the Code::Blocks IDE.

I've sorted out the header issues, but now stuck with the Ultra App library issues, I can see a list of Libraries, imported from the VS Solution, but it can't find them.
Which ones do I need and where are they?

• Azure_Zero changed the title to Building Ultra App in Code::Blocks in Linux, Needed Libraries

I don't think Code Blocks imports them correctly, as I can not back track the Library's path.

So I need the List and where they are.

I'm looking at setting them manually in the Code:Blocks IDE, which is also a good back up method should the Make file be corrupted, or not work with the supported Microsoft IDEs or another non-MS IDE.  It'll also help if someone does something a bit dumb with their IDE or system and can't remember what they did.

So far Code::Blocks is not bad, kinda reminds me of VS 2010 when I was in school.

Reason for avoiding VS Code is that Microsoft has gotten much worse over the past decade in a number of ways and I want to avoid the Spyware that they put into everything they make now a days.

So I am looking at IDEs that are not MS owned and building applications with those.

I think their might be some assumptions when I say libraries.

Below is a screen shot of the Libraries Code::Blocks lists in the Ultra App Kit Solution

For some reason I can't find AppKit.lib, though have found AppKit.o

The Other Libraries I have no Idea if they are needed for Linux development or even exist in Linux.

CodeBlock_UltraAppLibs.png

Yes, I'm in Linux and started the Ultra App in Linux with the MAKE file setting things up,
these libraries were found in the VS Code solution that was converted over to a Code::Blocks solution in Linux.

I think Josh might need to make new make files, each one covering a different OS.
Due to the fact I posted before with Make File issues, and I had to fix the Make File to get it to run.

TBH, I don't understand how C++ projects work in VSCode. 

Lib files are often associated with Windows libraries. You should be linking with .a files with some -l flags to link to system libraries.

Haven't really looked into UAK since I started my game but I think you just need the AppKit.a file and the -l flags. Try looking for them in the make file. Not at my PC atm. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!