Release date for ultraengine 5?

Dominic900

Hello Josh,

A while back (in April 2021) in a blog post it was said that ultra engine was complete and that you are writing or making tutorials for the new engine. Have you set a release date yet for ultra engine 5?  Also price point for purchasing a lifetime license? or will it be subscription only?

Thank you for answering my questions.

Dominic900

I'm going to first release a 2D engine, but it's not a normal 2D engine. It will have 90% of the 3D engine capabilities finished, just rendering in 2D. This will allow me to get something out sooner and finish a big chunk of the 3D engine.

I'm thinking it could be ready by the end of this month. I just finished implementing Box2D physics.

• Like 4

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Panther said:

So is the plan 2D engine , SDK  and then fullt 3D engine with editor?

Yes. The gradual release approach worked very well with UAK so I will continue this way, with some adjustments.

• Like 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hello Josh,

When you say a 2D engine but with 90% of it 3D, will it be just like leadwerks 4.6 game engine with editor to design worlds? or will there be no editor to work with upon release later this month? I am a bit confused. 

Also do you have a price point yet for release of ultra engine?

Thank you for answering my question.

Dominic900

• 9 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 10:12 AM, Josh said:

I'm going to first release a 2D engine, but it's not a normal 2D engine. It will have 90% of the 3D engine capabilities finished, just rendering in 2D. This will allow me to get something out sooner and finish a big chunk of the 3D engine.

I'm thinking it could be ready by the end of this month. I just finished implementing Box2D physics.

I decided against this idea and am going for the full 3D renderer.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 2:24 PM, Dominic900 said:

Hello Josh,

When you say a 2D engine but with 90% of it 3D, will it be just like leadwerks 4.6 game engine with editor to design worlds? or will there be no editor to work with upon release later this month? I am a bit confused. 

Also do you have a price point yet for release of ultra engine?

Thank you for answering my question.

Dominic900

Hello, I have a question...Where can I get the latest version of Leadwerks/UltraEngine? I went to the website & only found Leadwerks 4.1...Is there a more recent version or is this the only one  at the moment? 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Mortiss Coffin said:

Hello, I have a question...Where can I get the latest version of Leadwerks/UltraEngine? I went to the website & only found Leadwerks 4.1...Is there a more recent version or is this the only one  at the moment? 

Thank you!

If you want Leadwerks, it's on Steam. Latest version is 4.6.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/251810/Leadwerks_Game_Engine/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2022 at 4:15 AM, Josh said:

Ultra Engine is in development. The first release will be a C++ programming SDK. It's almost ready, maybe six weeks away.

Curious if there's an update on this as this Sunday would end the 6 weeks.  No need to answer for me as I'm using another engine now but others might want to know.

3 hours ago, gamecreator said:

Curious if there's an update on this as this Sunday would end the 6 weeks. 

I know we can't rush greatness, but it seems that Ultra Engine is always 6 weeks away. 🙃

• Like 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!