Ultra App Kit and widget layouts.

cdoty

Yes I have watched the video. The "Bottom Panel" gives me the parent arrangement I want, but now I have to go in an manually calculate the button positions within that panel, and keep that up to date as the UI is resized.

I think I see how I can accomplish what I am after. If I subclass Panel, I can create a HorizontalPanel and VerticalPanel that will recenter the content on a call to UpdateLayout(?).

This is a good question. It may on some systems, and it may under some conditions, like if the specified size of the window is bigger than the maximum size, and it has to be adjusted.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi!

I was on vacation the last 2 weeks so i couldn't reply earlier. Take a look here: 

I am currently working on a full featured layout system with Container Gadgets which will work like (kind of) the way you can layout things in xaml or in other GUI libraries. I will post more info on that new system in a later blog entry but in general it should work the way you described. There will be Container, Grid, Flow, Stackpanel and other widgets to control the layout as well as additional layouting features (Alignment, Margin, Padding, etc.)

• Like 1
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version