Number of entities stored in a map (C++)

george68

If you are using C++, there is a vector containing all the entities in the World class. You can get the size of that.

If you are using lua, I'd make a new variable and increment it with the map hook.

• Thanks 2

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

There should be a World->CountEntities() now that I think of it. You can also check the Menu.lua script as that iterates through all the entities without a Map hook to find a camera. It should use the CountEntities() function.

Sorry about that.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

33 minutes ago, reepblue said:

There should be a World->CountEntities() now that I think of it. You can also check the Menu.lua script as that iterates through all the entities without a Map hook to find a camera. It should use the CountEntities() function.

Sorry about that.

I'll take a look.

Thank you very much!

7 hours ago, Josh said:

I’m curious what you will use this for?

For maps with large number of entities, it would be nice if I can display a progress of loading. So, I need this information.

So far I don't now how to get the number of entities in the map, without load it first.