Ultra App Kit 1.1 beta with Linux and Mac support

Josh

Version 1.1 beta adds Linux and Mac support:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1512210/view/3026963405237916091

This is currently only available on Steam, and that is actually the opposite of what I want to do. I want to reward people for buying it directly from my website, especially if they have the subscription version. I will need to implement a new delivery system for pushing rapid updates out to users automatically, but for now I will rely on Steam.

• Like 3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'm taking that a Linux version is happening anyway regardless of the success of the Kickstarter? I mean might as well since it's done.

Let me know when the libraries are built using Universal 2 and I'll test it with a M1 Mac. 

Overall, really cool. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Great to see UAK is coming to macOS and Linux :)

I've installed the beta on my 2013 MB Pro with a 13" Retina display and noticed two issues with the login window and the project manager:

• they seem to have scaling issues with retina displays - on the internal display of the mpb its twice as big, but when I attach my non-retina Thunderbolt Display it scales correctly
  • pressing the command key makes them crash

6 hours ago, reepblue said:

What happened to the Win32 libraries in this beta or they aren't compiled yet?

I will add the 32-bit build later.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

17 hours ago, Noridge said:

pressing the command key makes them crash

I get the same, but when I debug the program from Xcode there is no problem. Very strange.

The fix is up on Steam now. :)

17 hours ago, Noridge said:

I've installed the beta on my 2013 MB Pro with a 13" Retina display and noticed two issues with the login window and the project manager:

• they seem to have scaling issues with retina displays - on the internal display of the mpb its twice as big, but when I attach my non-retina Thunderbolt Display it scales correctly

Got any desktop screenshots to compare?

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I get the same, but when I debug the program from Xcode there is no problem. Very strange.

The fix is up on Steam now. :)

Awesome! Many thanks :)

35 minutes ago, Josh said:

Got any desktop screenshots to compare?

Yep, completely forgot to append one in my first post. It shows the project manager as it starts with the default resolution 1280 x 800 (Retina) -> scaled by 2. By setting the display resolution to its native size of 2560 x 1600 it looks better (screenshot 3). After having it started this way and the changing the resolution back to 1280 x 800 the window is a little bigger but still good (screenshot 4).

I've also noticed that the "x"-Icon of the close-button in the upper right of the window is missing (screenshot 2).

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-22 um 23.13.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-23 um 17.56.03.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-23 um 17.59.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-23 um 18.01.02.png

• Thanks 1

It seems that MacOS doesn't really have a concept of DPI scaling...they just have different resolutions, and adjust the size of text and other details automatically?

I have updated the project manager to always use 1.0 as the display scale. This seems to work as expected on my machine.

I don't know if the options shown below still exist in MacOS but they do not appear on my computer so I don't know how I can test these:

th.jpg.84bff9c93bca6043a8728e861c533664.jpg

• Like 1