I have lost my Leadwerks 2.5 SDK License Key and the SDK software.

Juggernaut

Hello, 

I have lost my Leadwerks 2.5 SDK license key and SDK software.

The leadwerks2.exe updater available on the Josh's google drive cannot connect to the server for a fresh download.

I paid 200 USD for that 2.5 version back in the days when the Leadwerks 3.0 was just getting launched. . I feel I am at a loss.

I also bought the Leadwerks Game Engine Professional version 4.x from steam and is happy to say that I can get it installed and configured whenever I want.

Isn't it logical that the Leadwerks 2.5 SDK version should also be available on steam for those who have paid for the software already.

Please look into the matter and do something.

Thanks,

I do not know why it was necessary to take down the server location for the previous SDKs that used to be available for install from the Leadwerks2.exe updater. Was it really taking up too much of the server space I wonder ! 
If so, should have been archived on the Google drive for those who paid for the software.

Mr. Klint,

Can you please please resolve the situation ?

I still hope you can make the SDK downloads available from the server or from the Google drive.

This is at least ten years old. I do not have this software easily accessible right now. It's backed up on some old discs, but why in the world would you be using LE2 in 2021?

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

This is at least ten years old. I do not have this software easily accessible right now. It's backed up on some old discs, but why in the world would you be using LE2 in 2021?

The Leadwerks 2.5 is still attractive because of the following -

1. Excellent soft shadows for each light type commands ( functions ) accessible from C/C++ and LUA code. The Leadweks 3.X and 4.X totally lack such commands.( functions ). One can adjust the shadow map size, shadow offset , shadow softness and shadow distance from C/C++ and LUA code.

2. Terrain shadow - this feature of Leadwerks 2.5 is completely absent in Leadwerks 3.X and 4.X

3. Self shadow - Objects cat shadows on themselves and on those that are near to them.

4. Brightness, contrast and saturation - The brightness, contrast and saturation of the renderer can be controlled using C/C++ and LUA code.

5. Larger API set - Leadwerks 2.5 has a much larger set of API function calls accessible from C/C++ and LUA code than Leadwerks 3.X and 4.X making it possible to manipulate almost every important feature of the rendered scene through code without the need being tied to the game engine level editor.

6. Leadwerks 2.5 SHADER effects - Large number of various shader effects developed by the Leadwerks 2.5 community that contains oceans, PBR, TOON, underwater light scattering etc.

7. Leadwerks 2.5 PHYSICS - Built-in support for implementations of mechanical objects like revolving machine parts, vehicles, bouncing objects, damping effect on falling bodies that starts to bounce, realistic floating effect of objects - buoyancy on water planes..

Hope you find the above reasons legitimate.

Like I said, it exists but I do not have easy access to it right now. Those files were removed from the server several years ago and no one has said a thing until now.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.