Linux Test

Josh

Please give this a try and tell me the result.

AppKit.zip

1300835583_Screenshotfrom2021-05-1400-17-10.png.c4f032c33504027cbedbde2a887d0483.png

This requires Ubuntu because of the font it looks for.

The checkbox icon appears very blurry and "fat" when the checkbox is checked. I am running this on Hyper-V, so maybe that is just a problem with the VM?

the circle inside the radio buttons also looks distorted.

Windows resizing seems fast enough in my VM but I can't really tell.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Looks pretty good to me. I think all the blurriness is caused by the VM. 
The checkmark and radio button mark are not high res, though. And the toggle button doesn't give much information about its state. The text lowers a bit, but that's all there is.

image.thumb.png.c05be50c3a2af8dbe2ad2ba0f0e05d74.png

Toggle off

image.thumb.png.341a409414752a5dbdaf1f5bfbdae770.png

toggle on 

I used Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS with GNOME version 3.36.8. 

Just making games for fun. Currently working on T3-L4

Linka logo

The checkbox in your image is definitely not rendering correctly. It’s like there is some kind of weird smoothing applied to it. 

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'll try it on a native install in Mint. It should have the Ubuntu font installed so I expect this to work fine.

Actually, since it's talking to X directly, I have a Ubuntu labtop with integrated graphics I can try also.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Okay, I can verify a few things:

• The alpha values are getting successfully sent to the Xrender Picture because I can retrieve them with XGetImage() and read them back and see them.
  • The alpha channel of the image is being ignored in the call to XRenderComposite for reasons unknown.
  • The reason the checkbox appears "fat" is because the SVG rasterizer only colors pixels that have non-zero alpha. If I make all pixels white while retaining the image alpha channel, the image is a solid white square.

I understand you wanting to use the Ubuntu font so everything matches in the OS, but I'd also consider the FreeSans/FreeSansBold font as it's part of the GNU font library.

I'm using it in my game and the results are pleasant. 

image.thumb.png.915796cf7b06662f0dcf2276d614df79.png

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I have no idea what font or fonts can be expected to exist on Linux machines, and I don’t think there is any consistent way to retrieve that info.