Ultra App Kit - Issue with user32.dll - The program exits.

takis76

Hello,

I have an issue with Ultra Application Kit when I am running the UltraEngine.exe I receive an error message about

The procedure entry point SetThreadDpiAwarenessContexr could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll

And then the program ends. I am unable to run the Library and the creator of the Library wasn't answered. Do anyone among of you, had any similar problem.

I am running Windows 7 - x64 here and this User32.dll is for Windows 10.

Is there a Windows 7 version of the Library?

Yeah, as we discussed, Windows 10 is currently a requirement. Microsoft redid the way DPI scaling works in Win10 and in order to get it completely right I had to use the new functions.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Oh yeah, I know why I did this.

SetThreadDpiAwarenessContext(DPI_AWARENESS_CONTEXT_PER_MONITOR_AWARE_V2);

This was needed in order to support multiple monitors with per-display DPI scale settings.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

13 minutes ago, takis76 said:

Can you fix it?

Well, it looks like pre-Windows 10 support would require a separate build, or I would have to disable per-display DPI settings. Unless anyone know another way to get around the missing functions.

On 4/30/2021 at 6:30 PM, takis76 said:

If this will be disabled what problem will cause?

Will it no support more than 1 monitors?

I believe the library wraps around the Win32 API. Of course Windows has had many features since Windows 7 and DPI scaling per monitors is one of them (which introduced other things such as dynamic scaling).

Also "disabling" this would break other things such as DPI awareness (which again Windows 7 doesn't support). I think you really only have one option, which is to upgrade to Windows 10.

Here is some further information regarding the efforts that went into DPI scaling for Windows 10

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/archive/blogs/askcore/display-scaling-in-windows-10

So this library works in Windows 10 operating system and not in others like Linux or MacOS.

I cant install Windows 10 and I am not planing to format my PC for now. I will keep the library for some future use and I will see.

You might try setting up an install of Ubuntu if the Windows 10 security issues bother you. That has a more promising future for secure computing.

I am not planning any Operating System installation now because all my hard disks are occupied more than 60% and the Ubuntu is not able to be installed now. I will store the library for future use, I am not planning to do any PC format because I will need to do lots of backups and installations, which means I will not use the Ultra App Kit for the next 2 years at lest. Maybe the Ultra App Kit will get matured and improved until then. I was thought I would able to use it out of the box but things seems to be different.

Well, it looks like there is one way:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52690147/check-if-winapi-function-is-available

If I called LoadLibrary() and then checked for the existence of the function before calling it I could call it only if it is present...maybe.

It is possible that the SDK version I am linking to might trigger the error anyways, whether or not my code contains the function. I am not sure.

I don't know yet. This is all new to me and needs additional research. I am just discovering this information and it is a rare problem.

Well, if it requires a separate build for pre-WIn10 I'm not going to do it. If it is possible to do without requiring a separate build, then it may be possible. I don't know yet.