We have finally made it

Slastraf

Yes I can share it, but with the seed you don't need to store it in a db because it will generate the same output every time.
I will put it on in a bit. I want to add texture generation and make it more readable / stable. Its missing physics and textures basically. The player is moved by raycasts.

2 minutes ago, Slastraf said:

Yes I can share it, but with the seed you don't need to store it in a db because it will generate the same output every time.
I will put it on in a bit. I want to add texture generation and make it more readable / stable. Its missing physics and textures basically. The player is moved by raycasts.

Can you elaborate on the same output every time? Is each terrain tile the same? If not how would very terrain tile always be the same between runs if you can have infinite  amount of them?

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Can you elaborate on the same output every time? Is each terrain tile the same? If not how would very terrain tile always be the same between runs if you can have infinite  amount of them?

All random number generators only produce pseudo random numbers and you can use it to your advantage because if you initialize it with a seed like "123" it will always generate the same infinite numbers for that seed. For the terrain height generation I use perlin noise which is like a controlled 2d fractal / noise. I used a cpp library for perlin noise as a height map to set the vertices height of the tiles. 
It can never be the same if the seed is always different for each new playtrough. But if you you use the same seed you can have the exact same world as someone else.