Bone names help and animations

Echo

Hi. I have been browsing the editor and some of the included models, and i got interested in the weapon bones structure. There is more joints than i expected.In the 3d model viewer i cant see to enable bone names. Does exists any tutorial , how to name my bondes properly in my weapons?

Also , I am using Messiah Studio pro 5. Anyone have experiences working with messiah and exporting to LE? Is the weapon rigid binded or soft binded as in UDK?

may you give me some more info plz?

Phenom 975 Quad core 4.0Ghz

Gtx 560 1gb Oc

6Gb ram

Ancient Windows xp 64 bit :0))

I love to learn new stuff. But , i never finished single project. Dunno why. I think the friendlessness is killing me slowly.

Weapons are skeletal meshes (skinned meshes/animated meshes/whatever) in UDK because they are animated and you use sockets to attach the weapon to other actors and to attach actors to weapons. Sockets are basically entities parented to a bone that can share the bones local translation/rotation or a global translation/rotation (plus an offset value if desired). We have provided a tutorial on weapons in UE3 but you may find the video modeling and animation tutorials useful: www.magicstonestudios.com/tutorials

You should name your bones once and keep the same rig going so that it's consistent for multiple projects. This way a pistol will fit in in two separate meshes (as long as they too share consistent bone names), otherwise do as you please, it depends on your project and how many weapons you plan to have in your game.

Hopefully that helps. I'm sure others can provide advice from an artists perspective.

One thing you need to understand about LE2 is there is no game framework, so you can pretty much do whatever you want so long as it's viable; as you will be writing your own framework. So there is no existing convention for bone names in weapons as far as Leadwerks is concerned.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Weapons are skeletal meshes (skinned meshes/animated meshes/whatever) in UDK because they are animated and you use sockets to attach the weapon to other actors and to attach actors to weapons. Sockets are basically entities parented to a bone that can share the bones local translation/rotation or a global translation/rotation (plus an offset value if desired). We have provided a tutorial on weapons in UE3 but you may find the video modeling and animation tutorials useful: www.magicstonestudios.com/tutorials

You should name your bones once and keep the same rig going so that it's consistent for multiple projects. This way a pistol will fit in in two separate meshes (as long as they too share consistent bone names), otherwise do as you please, it depends on your project and how many weapons you plan to have in your game.

Hopefully that helps. I'm sure others can provide advice from an artists perspective.

So its you. I have donated some time ago, so i can download the source code, what you are doing here? :0) Yes i have finished the whole tutorial as well.

One thing you need to understand about LE2 is there is no game framework, so you can pretty much do whatever you want so long as it's viable; as you will be writing your own framework. So there is no existing convention for bone names in weapons as far as Leadwerks is concerned.

I see , But it did not answer my question. What are the bone names. i want to see them just for reference.

Gtx 560 1gb Oc

6Gb ram

I love to learn new stuff. But , i never finished single project. Dunno why. I think the friendlessness is killing me slowly.

I thought the model viewer showed the bone names.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

I thought the model viewer showed the bone names.

well it shows the names in the outliner , but not in the 3d view , some of the bone names are unknown to me, and have no idea which bone belongs to where.And i am unable to select bones in the 3d view to see what is it.

Gtx 560 1gb Oc

6Gb ram

So its you. I have donated some time ago, so i can download the source code, what you are doing here? :0) Yes i have finished the whole tutorial as well.

Excellent, thank you for your donation.

I was using Leadwerks before UDK had released. On rainy days or one of those days you want to break routine I work a bit on LE from time to time.

For your bones issue, all there is left to do is import them into an application of some type, like Blender. You can evaluate the bones there. Other than that I'm not sure what your real motive is beyond bones and the reason of your original question.