Leadwerks vs Xors3D

nakof

When I purchased le there was no trial version. I just took the plunge and bought the software. It was the exellence of 3dws that convinced me that le would be good.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Well if thats how you feel go for Xors3D smile.png

The one thing I don't understand though nakof, having bought Xors3D, why are you still frequenting these forums and posting instead of spending your time with your new game engine wink.png

After these words on this site i do not want to come. I thought Josh would be interested to know why some choose not its engine.

• Upvote 1

You went to Xors3D because it was

• Cheaper
  • And you liked it better?

Is that it?

Those seem like pretty good reasons. Would you want to use an engine, that in your view, is more expensive and you didn't like?

There are three types of people in this world. People who make things happen. People who watch things happen. People who ask, "What happened?"

Let's make things happen.

You went to Xors3D because it was

• Cheaper
  • And you liked it better?

Is that it?

Look at his other posts (Russian community, etc.).

can we stop beating a dead horse and finally kill this post? better yet just delete the damn thing... nakof chose another engine... fine... good luck... leave it be for farks sake...

Agreed. He has some valid reasons and he has some reasons we understandably disagree with but they are his regardless. He's set in his ways so let him enjoy it. I'd suggest locking this thread as it's been discussed to its conclusion, I think.

Agreed. If he wants to use Xors3D, then whatever, go ahead and use it, the best of luck to you...now lock this thread.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

One thing about going from Xors to LE - LE's much more strict (see what I did there) about declaring variables where as Xors allows any old integer as a surface/mesh/pivot pointer. So it's painful to convert from a large codebase from Xors to LE (as I'm doing now), but the extra structure is going to pay off with better code.

..prince of persia 1 (from DOS), had animation done with EDIT (plain text editor under DOS) and still camera..its still better than most of the modern 2D side scroller games i have seen..point is, its not about engine you use, but craftmanship..so, Xors or LE, it doesnt matter, if it is in good hands, so there is no reason to compare or bash each other..you choose what you want so its fine, just go with it man..simple as it is..

• Upvote 3