Motion Blur

SpiderPig

I've had a look through the tutorial, thanks.

What I'd like to do is have the blur effect only on a single object in the world; like the propeller on a plane or the rotor of a helicopter. What would you suggest? Would the best way be too load all my "Motion Blur" objects into a separate world and render this world to the BackBuffer after processing the blur effect? Any help is greatly appreciated. ;)

Would the best way be too load all my "Motion Blur" objects into a separate world and render this world to the BackBuffer after processing the blur effect?

Thats the way i do stuff like this and it's the only way i can think of.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

..ill do it by just combination between animated blurred propeller in motion texture and actual propeller mesh..at some point where speec increase, slowly fade in plane with animated proppeler spinning texture, what is properly blurred and animated (you can even have effect of propeller spinning slowly back due high speed revving), and hide mesh propeller..and thats easy as it is..no need for separate worlds or anything and results are outstanding..

..ill do it by just combination between animated blurred propeller in motion texture and actual propeller mesh..at some point where speec increase, slowly fade in plane with animated proppeler spinning texture, what is properly blurred and animated (you can even have effect of propeller spinning slowly back due high speed revving), and hide mesh propeller..and thats easy as it is..no need for separate worlds or anything and results are outstanding..

I agree with this. It seems to be the way its most commonly done... Also it will reduce the performance hit that the motion blur post processing will cause with the other method

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Do you use C++?When yes create and other world ,render first the other world(s) and set than the motionblur shader/whatever and render the world with your helicopter rotor.But don't forget to set the shader after rendering your "motionblur world" to NULL.

I use C++. Thanks for the input.

I agree with this. It seems to be the way its most commonly done... Also it will reduce the performance hit that the motion blur post processing will cause with the other method

This seems the more likely approach. Rather than wasting processing time on other worlds, buffers and effects.

@Naughty Allen; Don't suppose you could give us a little preview of how good it looks? biggrin.png