RocksHD - The production

Michael Betke

Hi I want to share a little teaser for my new model set I work on.

It will be called RocksHD and feature lots of new rocks, stones and cliff models for your game-world.

This time I really want to push it further and do the best I can with my current knowledge.

Each rock will be seamlessly textured, baked from a sculpted high-res ZBrush, have an individual 2048px texture map or a good looking repeating texture for the large cliff sets (maybe with decals to break up tiling).

I will use Nvidia physics in 3dmax to make landslides which look naturally fallen so you just need t odrop it into the editor and have natural looking geometry.

For now I set up a good workflow to bake my normals,AO and Cavity maps from it before taking it to Photoshop and viewport paint all teh stuff together. Like usually I will use it in my own projects so I don't want to produce **** for you. ;)

post-6-0-93206200-1328733998_thumb.jpg

If you have any wishes you can add them here to the thread so I can take care and include them if its not a glwoing fantasy gem. ;)

• Upvote 2

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

Nice references there. smile.png

Today I didn't had much time to work on the pack because of a project finishing but this evening I did the first batch of single-rocks and also a test for a dark lava-kind rock. I think it turned out like a meteroid or so. I like it for some reasons..don't know why. I could imagine it will do well with some others of this kind near a lava-stream.

post-6-0-83768100-1328826223_thumb.jpg

I will now do some land-slides and large formations with them and turn to the next batch. Maybe the round river rocks from the photo or a batch of smaller to use as vegetation support.

It will be called RocksHD and feature lots of new rocks, stones and cliff models for your game-world.

...and feature lots of new rocks, stones and cliff models for your ...

...rocks, stones and cliff models ...

... cliff models ...

me_gusta_mucho_by_megustamuchoplz-d416uqk.png?1319690633

Thanks. :D

I did some more lava rocks and now thinking about if I do premade rock formations which are basically a combination of the ones I made.

Or if I let the user made them itself. I think drag&drop is easier. Especially for the scaling in Leadwerks its nice. Because there is none...

Here we go with the roundish grey rocks:

post-6-0-07730100-1328985879_thumb.jpg

And the formations I wrote about some time ago. Looks great in a forest and its nice to hide. Stick some old and rotten trees between the trees and place some animated birds and you feel like in a national parc. :D

See also the other two lava-like rocks in the middle. My nice humanoid gives you a impression of scale.

post-6-0-26049600-1328986400_thumb.jpg

Now on with the desert sandstones and some other cliff stuff and its finished! Leadwerks Engine will be released first because I can upload it here

I'm not sure yet about the price. I think a bit more as the usual 20 bucks.

Mabe 25 to 30 - Turbosquid more of course....Its always hard to decide.

At least i lowered most prices this month on my shop permanently to normal numbers. Like 22€ to 20€ for the packs. Not because I dont sell them but I want clear numbers and not this 24,95...