My game WIP

franck22000

Here is a post for showing my work on my future FPS game (commercial game), I will tell the game concept later on, when everything will be decided.

Here is some technichal aspect of my game engine:

- Custom rendering pipeline (not using framework)

- Numerous new post process effects ( improved ssao, film grain, echanced hdr, color correction...)

- Custom scripting system

- Custom DLL and functions used

- Improved terrain features to be able to break vegetation layers trees for example

- New sound system wich is supporting dynamic reverb effects, echo, doppler effect...

- XML system for game components definitions (allowing a light modding support for the game)

Let's begin with a video, showing my work on the day cycle, and the texturing work, this little scene is just a prototype made in 15 minutes :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ipMISDOZk4

764e9a168650103.jpg da36f3168650232.jpg 934dc9168650364.jpg faf716168650448.jpg ab7140168650554.jpg

You guys are going to be the death of me. Josh

I gotta agree. Its a pretty darn nice day/night cycle.

I do like how you have coded the camera to move like the player is stepping. Can't stand static fps cameras well done.

Also good job on all that technical behind the scenes stuff with the shaders and custom rendering and all. I have noooo idea where to start when it comes to that stuff.. hehe maybe someday I'll learn it.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

When you're recording a video, you often have an impulse to look around because you feel like the user will get bored. Then when you go back and watch the video, I often wish the person recording it would just leave the camera still so I can focus on the video. I noticed the same thing when I was recording my own videos.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

That's looks great.

Well i just looked at pictures !

So some it will be some FPS game , it will be great if you add some more 3D assets on some places on the terrain, why not some rocks for example ?

Or some destroyed cars or old abandonned buildings semli destroyed ?

It's just curiosity,and i could not produce such level and shaders for animations, but will it be standard FPS

or will it have some originals things ? (theres is so much FPS games, that's a genre i don't play a lot)

The last ones i played was Bioshock and Deus Ex, there are special ones !

Keep it up !

Stop toying and make games

I think an alpha channel in the skybox could be used to make the sun and stars appear behind clouds instead of on top of them. I think the results would be amazing. I'm sure there's a way to calculate a simple alpha channel for a skybox. Here's something I came up with quickly in Paint Shop Pro:

post-1-0-09479600-1326304886_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-33021500-1326305085_thumb.jpg

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Then add a layer of Klepto 's dynamic clouds, and you have the best real-time skies ever invented.

Are you planning to share this, or add your animated skybox in the asset store? I could help write a utility that makes blue pixels more transparent for a skybox image.