Loading sbx file with roads crashes...

SpiderPig

you guys have this issue in the Editor? with the deserthighway? just loading it or making a change to the road then saving it and reloading? just curious because i cant get mine to crash... even made a small road scene as well and couldnt get it to crash...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

hmmm... weird... there was a problem at one time with the terrain members, resolution and meterspertile that screwed up the roads, but that seems to be resolved now... i don't get any crash with the original 2.5 or the latest fresh download of it either...

macklebee's channel

you guys have this issue in the Editor? with the deserthighway? just loading it or making a change to the road then saving it and reloading? just curious because i cant get mine to crash... even made a small road scene as well and couldnt get it to crash...

Yeah, in the editor loading the deserthighway and after loading a small road scene. I havn't edited anything in the road nodes. And as I said, I re-downloaded the road files just to be sure...maybe i should try a clean install.... :)

thats odd... i cannot get mine to crash at all... i get the typical warnings but no crash even with a fresh install. :)

have any of you guys tried to create a small road scene yourselves to see if it will crash for you? here is just small road test i slapped together and i am curious if it crashes for you:

macklebee's channel

thats odd... i cannot get mine to crash at all... i get the typical warnings but no crash even with a fresh install. :)

have any of you guys tried to create a small road scene yourselves to see if it will crash for you? here is just small road test i slapped together and i am curious if it crashes for you:

I have created one by myself and also tested yours now, and both lead to a crash. Some nice addition, if you create a new scene from scratch, you can build roads and they are ok. If you then load a map containing roads, the map itself loads, but the roads are not visible. A "Rebuild Roads" makes the roads visible again.

I believe it may have something to do with the serialisation of the roads, this seems to be corrupt.

Edit: The previous empty scene works just for some maps like the one posted by macklebee. The desert_highway.sbx still crashes but not that early as before.

Edited by klepto2
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version