UU3D Pro gmf exporter

SpiderPig

That feature was asked for already to Brad Bolthouse of UU3D. Brad implied that it would require him to rewrite uu3d along with the gmf exporter... something he was not keen on doing. You can get mesh hierarchy in UU3D if you export as b3d then use the b3d2gmf converter, but it will suffer from setting all of the submeshes' origins to 0,0,0.

Suggest you try the AutoDesk fbx converter as shown in wayneg's blog if you wish to keep mesh hierarchy: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/36/entry-725-the-art-pipeline-google-sketchup-the-fbx-converter/

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I have used fgx2gmf on all kinds of models (even animated characters) without any problems. Rember though to scale down things first by a factor 100. I have UU3D Pro also but I find it more easy to just drag and drop my fbx to fbx2gmf and its done.

AV MX Linux

Yeah ... of course. I didn't even think about that.

Haven't tried obj2gfm as didn't have to. Maybe that one works for those who cant export to fbx.

nada... that won't work either... and after trying the autodesk fbx converter it appears to do the same thing by setting all meshes' origins to 0,0,0

macklebee's channel

Hey guys, got a problem with the fbxtogmf.exe... I export a mesh as .fbx from blender which has several sub-meshes and it looks fine in the .gmf viewer - but looking down the list of meshes in the viewer and at the rotations for them, it has random numbers instead of just 0,0,0 like it shows in blender...any one had this problem before? :D

Hey guys, got a problem with the fbxtogmf.exe... I export a mesh as .fbx from blender which has several sub-meshes and it looks fine in the .gmf viewer - but looking down the list of meshes in the viewer and at the rotations for them, it has random numbers instead of just 0,0,0 like it shows in blender...any one had this problem before? :D

that is really what you want... its giving the true rotations and positions of the submeshes... now you could find those submeshes using FindChild() and perform operations on them like rotate and they should rotate around their own axis.

macklebee's channel