ULTRAPP Kit

Robert_d1968

Hello there,

I have just purchased Ultra app kit. With that being said, where is the best place to find the documentation for this program?

I would like to start building an application with this software, but I see no way to get started using it.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Robert

24 minutes ago, Robert_d1968 said:

Hello there,

I have just purchased Ultra app kit. With that being said, where is the best place to find the documentation for this program?

I would like to start building an application with this software, but I see no way to get started using it.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Robert

You can find the documentation here: https://ultraengine.com/learn

When you launch Ultra App Kit, go into the Learn tab and you will find quick links to the documentation, videos, and to create a post in the technical assistance forum.

image.thumb.png.c934f0e3550be4c978116a8e9604cca0.png

• Thanks 1

Just making games for fun. Currently working on T3-L4

Linka logo

Will the final build of UAK not include all the extra dependencies (such as Newton Physics, Recast, OpenVR, etc). I was expecting some source code for us to build ourselves. I've checked the UAK API and it doesn't seem to use all the other libraries that have been bundled into the distribution we have got. I've been trying to manually link UAK into my own projects but due to the all includes in the UltraEngine header it makes it quite the task to get everything configured.

I know there is the UAK app on Steam that creates projects for us, I've not been able to get this to work (admittedly I've not really got into using UAK all that much just yet). Last time I booted it up to try and make a UAK project I was getting compiler errors related to missing header files.

23 minutes ago, SlipperyBrick said:

Will the final build of UAK not include all the extra dependencies (such as Newton Physics, Recast, OpenVR, etc). I was expecting some source code for us to build ourselves. I've checked the UAK API and it doesn't seem to use all the other libraries that have been bundled into the distribution we have got. I've been trying to manually link UAK into my own projects but due to the all includes in the UltraEngine header it makes it quite the task to get everything configured.

I know there is the UAK app on Steam that creates projects for us, I've not been able to get this to work (admittedly I've not really got into using UAK all that much just yet). Last time I booted it up to try and make a UAK project I was getting compiler errors related to missing header files.

Ultra App Kit does not use Newton, Recast, or OpenVR, since it does not do any 3D rendering or physics. (I have not removed the header files for some of these things, but they do not get used.) Ultra App Kit a subset of the functionality of our new 3D engine that will be ready for release this month instead of waiting for the end of the year. Ultra Engine will include all the functionality of Ultra App Kit. The only difference is Ultra App Kit does make smaller executables and compiles a bit faster, since it does not include a lot of things the full engine uses.

If you create a new project with the Ultra App Kit application on Steam it should compile without any errors with Visual Studio 2019. Please let me know if this does not work.

• Like 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:54 AM, Robert_d1968 said:

I have updated the introduction page and it is now more explicit. Please see this and tell me if you run into any confusion. I want the onboarding process to be as smooth as possible:
https://www.ultraengine.com/learn

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:21 AM, CromartieЖ said:

Can I make my own render engine using the Ultra App Kit?

"Render engine" is a very vague term that I don't really understand, but I am leaning towards a "make anything except a GUI SDK" license.

On 3/7/2021 at 5:51 PM, Josh said:

Ultra App Kit does not use Newton, Recast, or OpenVR, since it does not do any 3D rendering or physics. (I have not removed the header files for some of these things, but they do not get used.) Ultra App Kit a subset of the functionality of our new 3D engine that will be ready for release this month instead of waiting for the end of the year. Ultra Engine will include all the functionality of Ultra App Kit. The only difference is Ultra App Kit does make smaller executables and compiles a bit faster, since it does not include a lot of things the full engine uses.

If you create a new project with the Ultra App Kit application on Steam it should compile without any errors with Visual Studio 2019. Please let me know if this does not work.

Yep, I just made a quick project with the launcher and it builds and runs ?

• Thanks 1

Hello there, Microsoft just updated my Visual Studio to:

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Version 16.9.1

No debugging works or compile does not work, it has some errors in it like it is miss configured.

Shall I uninstall it and reinstall it? or will it works with that version of 16.9.1 ?

first error:  Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Warning    MSB8003    The WindowsSDKDir property is not defined. Some build tools may not be found.    GUI Application    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets    501  

And a warning: 

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Warning    MSB8003    The WindowsSDKDir property is not defined. Some build tools may not be found.    GUI Application    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets    501    

Did i miss installing something?

Robert 

I will write some types of plugins once i get used to C++.  I have never made a plugin using C++.

I'm a XOjO programmer and I just don't like C++. But I will give it a shot this time around.

I program in assembly language, python and Basic.

But it will take a bit to get used to Visual C++.

Robert.