Upgrade cost :

YouGroove

Buying LE2 i didn't know how programming would be , i tried it, i found the editor great, the demos cool, and i thaught : ok it has scripting it must be as easy as Unity 3D.

But it's really different, it's not put script on entities directly for game interaction, lot more work is needed and you need actually (like taking some framework and other specific coding stuff)

to be able to have the 3D world you want.

It's really good engine, i can do some little things, but when i'm back to Unity 3D Free, i have difficulty to turn back to LE2, i mean this time again in terms of 3D Artist Workflow and 3D artist coding.

The less i have to put specific engine coding stuff (level properties loading, entities seeking and management ) the best i feel :)

Well i just question myself, how will cost the upgrade to version 3.0 for people owning the old version ?

And could we have an approximative date like for example "first quarter 2012" for the Beta version ?

I ask that because i'm interested lot more in V3 than V2 actually , i'm lot more 3D artist than programmer, and i seek

the fastest workflow i can.

Stop toying and make games

This engine is pretty programmer-centric and anybody would have been able to tell you that. It suits me much better than Unity which definately caters to designers and I can fully understand how some people feel better in such an environment. What do you mean by 3D artist coding though?

As far as the upgrade costs, I believe no figures have been dropped because there is no working product yet.

This engine is pretty programmer-centric and anybody would have been able to tell you that. It suits me much better than Unity which definately caters to designers and I can fully understand how some people feel better in such an environment. What do you mean by 3D artist coding though?

As far as the upgrade costs, I believe no figures have been dropped because there is no working product yet.

Perhaps we could have some approximate date release why not ?

LE2 is not that complicated, what is complicated for a 3D artist, is to search for all tools like DNA tool that changes a lot the life ;and pieces of code needed to complete a game.

(and the project system and directories is a little confusing to me).

And by artist coding, i mean, you place only the game management directly on entities without to manage for example an array of entities or seek

the name of each entitie to use it etc ... the scripting system is not the same and the framework is already integrated you don't have to care about that

and just remember to put the code where it is needed like frameUpdate() or other !

My goal as 3D artists is programming Gameplay only, make HUD, 3D models and textures, and beeing able to import them fast and easily.

I mean making the game lot more than coding

These subjects have been discussed already and thats' the way LE3 is going, so that's why i asked that questions.

(And the price is not as expensive as the full Unity : Pro version not affordable until you sell a game or have a solid team and funds)

But i don't say i won't i won't make a game with LE2 ... :)

Stop toying and make games