Exporting Animation from Blender

SpiderPig

I'm got a few problems with exporting animation from blender. It works in blender and in UU3D, but once exported to .gmf the bones are no longer animating the mesh.

And the vertex weight colors are present on the mesh also - I can't find out how to get rid of them even with the settings in the UU3D .gmf exporter.

I'm using UU3D version 3.32 and the latest .fbx importer and .gmf exporter.

I've attached the .blend, .u3d, .fbx and .gmf files for you to have a look at,

Thanks for your help :D

Animation.zip

A couple of things, your .u3d file had no UV coordinates. But an animated model requires the skin shaders, you had no textures assigned, thus no material files, hence no skin shaders being used.

I have UV mapped your object, and assigned a test .dds texture and a basic .mat file to show you this.

Animation.zip

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

• 3 years later...

Ugh, I cannot see my typing.. there is some issue with this post thing Anyway, I got a popup this time, said BBC Code Special or something .. anyway, the cursor is not moving, it stops flashing and I know I'm inputting, as well I hitpost on another MSG and it posted and apparently there ix no way to edit a post?So, Ion this subject, I opened the above ZIP file, copied contents intpo a folder and then brought it into leadwerks, and when I double click on the bonestest, the model does not animate but I see a texture moving on a static model ... I pickedup blender about a week ago and that evening I had a model and animation all set to go so I trial and errored a heck of a lot and then time constraints, etc, I had to let it go and I am back on it now and trying to figure out what the deal be... I started 3d modeling when I bought infini-d 4.0 from metacreations, around 1998 and then upgraded to infini-d 4.5 a short time later.. I still have the software, it is good for what it is, tho it cost me $650 at the time or so... Blender is great, I am impressed... tho I have not done TONS of modeling, I know my way around, have been a computer guy since the 80s too, so I've go beyond expert experience ... but blender and leadwerks have me inspired to tinker ... Anyway, pardon the errors, I cannot see and hopefully this will post , times like this I'd write a msg in notepad and then paste it into here and hope it posts, but as long as the focus is still on this text box, I cvan do a CTRL-A (select all) , holding CTRL still, hit C (copy) and paste it into notepad to review... or not I'm just gonna post it, I think I've said and or asked what I needed to. Thanks in advance!

again, I cannot see what I am typing, but I actually finally just did it, got to retrace my steps and commit it to memory.. trial and error, is how I've learned to live, quit HS in 9th grade .. ah well... no harm no foul, no debt, no problem.. and it is not luck, it is by design... anyway, UI will attach the blend file and explain in details, for to help all...WOOO!!~

simple-anim.zip