VS 2010

Rick

Wait for Service Pack 1, I've heard of many problems with VS 2010 with all kinds of libraries, not only LE.

Also all C++ standard libraries have usually only VS 2005 and VS 2008 .lib files, so using VS 2010 is not enough supported yet.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I have no such issues using VS2010 for LE although I would stray away from the Express version which crashes quite a lot when trying to use IntelliSense. I use Express on my desktop for game development, and Ultimate on my laptop professionally which does not suffer from the problems that Express does.

So if you have the option, go Professional or Ultimate.

I was using VS2010 express but had some issues, LE though was no one of them and everything seemed ok, I went back to VS2008 becuase of some wierd things in the editor, I really like the intellisnse though in VS2010 you don't have to wait for Christmas for it to update on large projects...

Also looking forward to SP1 to give it another try... Although I will have to keep VS2008 becuase Dark GDK WILL not work with the latest Direct X SDK, well won't work with anything more recent than 2007. which really sucks.

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..