Implementing MyGUI

Seraphis

Hello Community!

Recently I have been tyring to get CEGUI to work with little success of some reason I cant figure out (but thats a different post).

In the process of googling for answers, somone on the CEGUI forums mentioned another library called MyGUI which was originally designed for the Ogre engine but has support for both Direct3d and OpenGL directly. According to many it is a faster more intuitive GUI, so I'm interested considering I would not like to waste more time on my project f***ing around with GUI libraries.

I've done a lot of reading on the engine but I am, once again, running into issues...

When you download the MyGUI source package (located here: http://mygui.info/) you must compile the MyGUIEngine.dll, MyGUIEngine.lib and the MyGUI.OpenGLPlatform.lib files. But, in order to build these you need the FreeType library (found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/freetype/files/) *NOTE* I used version 2.3.11 because that was the version out during the last version of MyGUI, I was just trying to eliminate possibilities for things going wrong.

You must also compile the freetype library file (for version 2.3.11 freetype2311.lib) (annoying, I know, but this is usually included in Ogre) This will allow you to compile the MyGUI files)

ANYWAY, once all the extra **** is done I followed this tutorial (found here: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/MyGUI+quickstart ) replacing the Ogre Platform with just the Generic OpenGL one.

When building my project I receive a bunch of errors simliar to this one

MyGUI.OpenGLPlatform_d.lib(MyGUI_OpenGLRTTexture.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glViewport@16

I know it must be something retardedly easy, since it always is.

Thanks in Advance,

Seraphis

Just going by the error message I'm guessing that the linker is failing to find the library in which the symbol is defined and judging by the symbol name it's probably one of the openGL libs like opengl32 or glu32. You probably just need to tell your project where to find these in the linker options.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Either way it suggests its not finding them. Here is a link to the OpenGL FAQ where the issue is described:

Getting Started

Do a find on: unresolved external symbol __imp__glViewport@16 and read the section it references on setting up your compiler/linker

Hope this helps!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++