STRANDED - The Game (WIP)

Pixel Perfect

Preview of my latest level design. Sorry no sound as yet. Tried embedding this in the gallery but to no avail so it will have to do here for just now!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VKOwdqWmj4k

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Hi Pixel, its looking good, the birds where a nice touch, I have slated "wildlife" AI attempts for Lua hopefully to employ some form of "boid" function. Nice job ;)

I don't think the Gallery has a Youtube embedding function, maybe thats why we also get the showcase?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

the birds where a nice touch, I have slated "wildlife" AI attempts for Lua hopefully to employ some form of "boid" function.

Thanks and good luck with your own "boid" function. Look forward to seeing that smile.gif

I don't think the Gallery has a Youtube embedding function, maybe thats why we also get the showcase?

Could be, it just seems strange that the insert 'media' function is present in both and loads a YouTube player in a normal post but complains about it in the gallery. It says it supports other forms of video files such as mpg etc.

Looking nice, I'm digging this smile.gif. If I had to give some comments, it would probably be vegetation. Now it feels like you put it there because you can...

Thanks again and, yes, the fact that I'm a programmer and not an artist is apparent I'm sure. I'm trying to get a kind of scrub land feel with the vegetation and I'm not entirely satisfied with the end result myself. However, I'm a little wary of spending too much time experimenting with the level/artwork design at this point at the expense of designing the game engine functionality. My intention has always been to produce an initial playable level of my game idea to act as a shop window to show off the engine and hopefully encourage some real artists/modellers to come on board and do all the stuff thats beyond my skill sets.

Did you do all the models too?

No, I wish I was that talented but I've had to purchase/commission/acquire/modify all the models/assets I'm using. There is some nice stuff out there and some good free lance modellers around.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

No, I wish I was that talented but I've had to purchase/commission/acquire/modify all the models/assets I'm using. There is some nice stuff out there and some good free lance modellers around.

Any links?

Intel Core i7 975 @ 3.33GHz, 6GB ram, GTX 560 Super OC, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I have previously bought or commisioned assets from Arteria, Dexsoft, Turbo Squid, 3DRT and have had some models designed for me by Richard Simpson from our own forum. I hope to be giving Richard some paid work as I get further into the level design stage. There are some very capable artists/modellers on this forum alone without looking further afield.

Josh :) Or rather, he commisioned someone to make them for an old product of his. That model can't be used commercially though, its just a placeholder model.

Thanks JC and ZeroByte for the comments too. The birds took a little while to get right but do add to the sense of realism I think. I can now add them to any scene in any numbers and just set a flight radius and they will randomly fly around interspersed with short glides within that area.

Yeh this definatly looks nice, would love to see some interaction with them characters! The birds are a great touch too, i think its them sort of things that really make scenes come to life, thers alot of little things alike in far cry that you dont really take much note to, but there there and make it all more real.

And now with lua it makes life even more easier for stuff like that!

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

Thanks for the positive comments Aggror and Andy :(

would love to see some interaction with them characters!

It's coming Andy .... it's coming. I won't be releasing anything now till I get combat up and running but that's next on the list wink.gif

the biggest problem i can see here is the players perspective on self. the fov of the world is fine, but the players hands and gun are stretched horribly. would it be feasable to either squish the player models in depth, or render them seperately and overlay them to get a nicer balance of fov for the game, and view of player?

the biggest problem i can see here is the players perspective on self. the fov of the world is fine, but the players hands and gun are stretched horribly. would it be feasable to either squish the player models in depth, or render them seperately and overlay them to get a nicer balance of fov for the game, and view of player?

I agree, I am aware I need to do something about this, at the very least pull the models in towards the player somewhat and review it again but that's a good suggestion regarding using an overlay to allow for some seperate control. Thanks for the input.

• 4 weeks later...

Preview of my latest level design. Sorry no sound as yet. Tried embedding this in the gallery but to no avail so it will have to do here for just now!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VKOwdqWmj4k

looks good, the only problem i had was that the gun seems to be out of place a little bit. i dont know how to explain...just seems too high up, and too far out.

• 2 weeks later...

looks good, the only problem i had was that the gun seems to be out of place a little bit. i dont know how to explain...just seems too high up, and too far out.

Mmm yeah it does.

Intel core 2 quad 6600 | Nvidia Geforce GTX460 1GB | 2GB DDR2 Ram | Windows 7.

Google Sketchup | Photoshop | Blender | UU3D | Leadwerks Engine 2.4

Yeah, it was Irishlostboy who first pointed this out and I've adjusted the weapon positions. Thanks for the pointers though smile.gif

Sorry Omid ... not at the moment. I'll not be releasing any more footage until I have proper combat up and running which is a little way off yet :)